2K19: Eddie Rosario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19: Eddie Rosario

The David Dahl thread got me thinking of some comps, and Eddie Rosario instantly came to mind.

Rosario has now had two remarkably similar seasons:

Code:
    Year	Age	Tm	Lg	G	PA	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	SB	CS	BB	SO	BA	OBP	SLG	OPS	OPS+  TB	GDP	HBP	SH	SF	IBB	Pos	
    2017	25	MIN	AL	151	589	542	79	157	33	2	27	78	9	8	35	106	.290	.328	.507	.836	119	275	10	0	4	8	1	*798/D	
    2018	26	MIN	AL	138	592	559	87	161	31	2	24	77	8	2	30	104	.288	.323	.479	.803	115	268	4	0	1	2	5	*7D/985

So he should be relatively easy to project for 2019. I could foresee Dahl having a similar season if healthy, but Rosario has cemented himself as a solid, high-floor type player.

2019 shall be his third full season, turning 27, hopeful bounce backs from sano and bux, a full season from planco. I could easily see eddie exchanging some of those doubles for home runs, with increases across the board.

Comment

I agree with the high-floor, and in the 1st half of 2018 he was hitting .311/.353/.537 which seemed to be a step up from his past numbers. I thought he might turn into a $25 bat. But he struggled down the stretch.

I have him for $10 in a 15 team mixed, and can extend to $15 for an extension or I can ride it out at $10. I'm on the fence, I think his true value is ~$18-20, so take the $8-10, or extend and possibly have just a ~$3-5 profit twice? I've gone back and forth on him.

Comment

He was traded for and will be kept in our AL only 12 team 5x5.

His price will be 21b. I like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I agree with the high-floor, and in the 1st half of 2018 he was hitting .311/.353/.537 which seemed to be a step up from his past numbers. I thought he might turn into a $25 bat. But he struggled down the stretch.

I have him for $10 in a 15 team mixed, and can extend to $15 for an extension or I can ride it out at $10. I'm on the fence, I think his true value is ~$18-20, so take the $8-10, or extend and possibly have just a ~$3-5 profit twice? I've gone back and forth on him.
          I wouldn't extend.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            I wouldn't extend.
            Same here.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              I wouldn't extend.
              Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Same here.
              Thanks guys, I trust you both on these type things. I was leaning towards not extending but the feedback is very helpful!

Comment

Pull% went up about 4 points and hard hit rate went up about 5 points. I think there's some chance he does something more like the first half of 2018. Not sure I buy the average but maybe 290/330/530 instead of 290/325/490. Maybe pushes 30-32 HRs with everything else the same.

Comment

His counting stats should go up, as the Twins have made some nice upgrades on offense (Cruz, Cron, Schoop) and others should bounce back/emerge (Buxton, Kepler, Polanco).

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    He was traded for and will be kept in our AL only 12 team 5x5.

His price will be 21b. I like him.
                    I traded Bieber done after this year and some other pieces for him. He will get a year extension. I am happy to have him!

Comment

Working...
                    X