Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Wow the Bears are -3 against the Vikings!

  1. #11
    Big Leaguer nullnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2,170
    they should've won the first game in GB where Rogers threw a last second desperation TD to Cobb. i can see them going 10-6 or 9-7. the important thing is if they lose is to keep the score close. and then the following year win those close games. it's a tough division.

  2. #12
    it's nice of Rodgers to spot his division opponents a McCarthy coach slot per year.

    with a good high school coach, there would be no stopping him.

    McCarthy needs to learn many things. among them:
    - you can't blow 2 2nd-half timeouts early in a close game.
    - even so, if you can get the game-deciding long catch/actually a fumble overturned, you do so.
    - with only one timeout left, you can't punt late on 4th and 2.

    he may not be the worst coach in the league, but he's the worst coach by far of a good team.
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    rallied to within 10 pts out of 3rd at the ASB
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

    SP Scherzer 44-IL, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Roark 8, Samardzija 1, Mahle-IL
    RP Jeffress 1, Dyson, Pivetta 10
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Cooper, UT Beaty
    IL: SP Cueto 1, RP TGuerrero, SS EGonzalez 2, OF Bruce LD
    minors: OFs NWilliams 2, Daza, RDavis

  3. #13
    Big Leaguer nullnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2,170
    i thought the ATL coach didn't have a good game in CLE last week. multiple opportunities inside the Browns 5 yard and couldn't score. and there was an interception in the 4th qtr that wasn't challenged but probably would've been overturned. although Cle outplayed Atl all game.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    it's nice of Rodgers to spot his division opponents a McCarthy coach slot per year.

    with a good high school coach, there would be no stopping him.

    McCarthy needs to learn many things. among them:
    - you can't blow 2 2nd-half timeouts early in a close game.
    - even so, if you can get the game-deciding long catch/actually a fumble overturned, you do so.
    - with only one timeout left, you can't punt late on 4th and 2.

    he may not be the worst coach in the league, but he's the worst coach by far of a good team.
    Green Bay would be much better off if they made Rogers a player coach.

  5. #15
    All Star Hornsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of Darkness
    Posts
    9,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Green Bay would be much better off if they made Rogers a player coach.
    Rodgers still makes plays that other can't make, but he's also becoming human in making poor decisions and throws. Once upon a time he was damn near infallible, but this season, he's looking pretty mortal. Still elite, but mortal.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

    "Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

  6. #16
    All Star Hornsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of Darkness
    Posts
    9,658
    Vikings played about as badly as they could, and the Bears played very well overall. But man, that defensive line for Chicago is something, watching Mack push over a 315 pound man who was set is pretty amazing. How stupid is Oakland, BTW? Like the Bears receivers, but something is wrong with Howard...he's running with no aggressiveness IMO.

    Certainly a team for the future, and maybe the present.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

    "Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    Vikings played about as badly as they could, and the Bears played very well overall. But man, that defensive line for Chicago is something, watching Mack push over a 315 pound man who was set is pretty amazing. How stupid is Oakland, BTW? Like the Bears receivers, but something is wrong with Howard...he's running with no aggressiveness IMO.

    Certainly a team for the future, and maybe the present.
    Mack just might be the first $140M player that no one is complaining about. Worth every penny.

    The unsung hero last night was Hicks. What a beast. I think I read that the Vikes had 14 carries for 22 yards. Just not going to rush against that line.

    I hope they do not have a let down on Thanksgiving. With GB playing the Vikes next week, the Bears need to put the peddle to the metal. I haven't had this much fun as Bears fan in a long long time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •