Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow the Bears are -3 against the Vikings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow the Bears are -3 against the Vikings!

Yes they are at home, but I was shocked by this.

I would have thought the Vikings would have been -3.5.

I no longer bet. Even as a Bears homer I don't think I could lay the 3 points.

i am playing ARI defense against OAK instead of MIN vs CHI.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
      i am playing ARI defense against OAK instead of MIN vs CHI.
      Local Score radio was asking the question; do you think this will be each team scoring in the 30's or the teens. Consensus was 30's.

Combine that with how bad Oakland is you made the right choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Yes they are at home, but I was shocked by this.

I would have thought the Vikings would have been -3.5.

I no longer bet. Even as a Bears homer I don't think I could lay the 3 points.
        Surprising to see that the Vikings have yet to beat a team that currently has a winning record. Their best victory is over the Eagles, followed by the Lions and Jets. If they beat the Bears it would be by far their best game.

Comment

i also think i'm going to start Tevin Coleman over Dalvin Cook. injury risk being a factor. but the Bears seem to have a good run defense.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            i also think i'm going to start Tevin Coleman over Dalvin Cook. injury risk being a factor. but the Bears seem to have a good run defense.
            Yes they do. One of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Surprising to see that the Vikings have yet to beat a team that currently has a winning record. Their best victory is over the Eagles, followed by the Lions and Jets. If they beat the Bears it would be by far their best game.
              The Bears haven't beat anyone with a current winning record either.

This should be a great game on Sunday night. Minnesota never plays well at Chicago, so I won't be surprised if they lose. I do think the Vikings are a better team, but their offensive line is going to have to work hard to help Cousins and Company.
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                Hmmm you make a very convincing point.

Comment

heading into last week, the Bears had only lost to 3 teams and the Lions had only beaten 3 - and they were the same teams!
                  Patriots, Packers, Dolphins.

after the Bears beat the Lions, this factoid remains in effect.
                  also, the law of transitive property apparently no longer exists.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post

This should be a great game on Sunday night. Minnesota never plays well at Chicago, so I won't be surprised if they lose. I do think the Vikings are a better team, but their offensive line is going to have to work hard to help Cousins and Company.
                    It seems that this is more of a must win for Minnesota than the Bears. I really hope the Bears pull it off. I am both nervous and excited about the game. A Bears win goes a long way to winning the division.

Go Bears!

Comment

they should've won the first game in GB where Rogers threw a last second desperation TD to Cobb. i can see them going 10-6 or 9-7. the important thing is if they lose is to keep the score close. and then the following year win those close games. it's a tough division.

Comment

it's nice of Rodgers to spot his division opponents a McCarthy coach slot per year.

with a good high school coach, there would be no stopping him.

McCarthy needs to learn many things. among them:
                        - you can't blow 2 2nd-half timeouts early in a close game.
                        - even so, if you can get the game-deciding long catch/actually a fumble overturned, you do so.
                        - with only one timeout left, you can't punt late on 4th and 2.

he may not be the worst coach in the league, but he's the worst coach by far of a good team.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

i thought the ATL coach didn't have a good game in CLE last week. multiple opportunities inside the Browns 5 yard and couldn't score. and there was an interception in the 4th qtr that wasn't challenged but probably would've been overturned. although Cle outplayed Atl all game.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            it's nice of Rodgers to spot his division opponents a McCarthy coach slot per year.

with a good high school coach, there would be no stopping him.

McCarthy needs to learn many things. among them:
                            - you can't blow 2 2nd-half timeouts early in a close game.
                            - even so, if you can get the game-deciding long catch/actually a fumble overturned, you do so.
                            - with only one timeout left, you can't punt late on 4th and 2.

he may not be the worst coach in the league, but he's the worst coach by far of a good team.
                            Green Bay would be much better off if they made Rogers a player coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Green Bay would be much better off if they made Rogers a player coach.
                              Rodgers still makes plays that other can't make, but he's also becoming human in making poor decisions and throws. Once upon a time he was damn near infallible, but this season, he's looking pretty mortal. Still elite, but mortal.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X