Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Crickets?

I thought this was hilarious.

If we can't poke fun at ourselves...
      YouTube is blocked at my office.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        And it appears that my work firewall will not let me post the video like everyone else on here. Steve tried to help and I could not make it work.

Comment

Very funny. Bordering on hilarious.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            ditto
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

As an atheist, I can easily decide which foods to bless.
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                As an atheist, I can easily decide which foods to bless.
                Did you laugh?

Comment

Did you laugh?
                  I'm not going to lie to you. No. As an atheist, I have no sense of humour.

Comment

I enjoyed their takedown of Christian music more (the dinner prayer jokes were over my head I guess). Clever and specific, and in my extremely limited exposure to Christian music, all of their critiques seemed pretty accurate. Wasn't someone here mainly listening to Christian music these days? Curious what a fan would think of that one.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      I enjoyed their takedown of Christian music more (the dinner prayer jokes were over my head I guess). Clever and specific, and in my extremely limited exposure to Christian music, all of their critiques seemed pretty accurate. Wasn't someone here mainly listening to Christian music these days? Curious what a fan would think of that one.
                      Prayers before meals have for some become legalistic and rote. This spoofs that aspect of us.

Comment

I'm not going to lie to you. No. As an atheist, I have no sense of humour.
                        Oh, well I am going to lie to you. That is just great.

Comment

Oh, well I am going to lie to you. That is just great.
                          True story. I was recently at a meeting at a restaurant. There were probably 10-15 of us around the table. All of a sudden, the two people on either side of me grab my hands and we're now having a public prayer over our meal in a public restaurant. Now, these are all friends of mine and one is a Baptist minister (who was giving the blessing) - it made me very uncomfortable. Frankly, if I had been thinking, I would have excused myself from the table. But, I'm also sure they would have just waited until I returned. My point is that it's aggravating when everyone just assumes that everyone at the table wants to participate in their religious rituals. And this is probably why I didn't find the video funny.

I was dating a lady back in the spring who considered herself to be a "recovering Catholic". I had never heard the term, so I looked it up and it seems that a "recovering Catholic" is someone who thinks their relationship with the Catholic Church was detrimental to them. I now consider myself a "recovering Baptist".

Comment

True story. I was recently at a meeting at a restaurant. There were probably 10-15 of us around the table. All of a sudden, the two people on either side of me grab my hands and we're now having a public prayer over our meal in a public restaurant. Now, these are all friends of mine and one is a Baptist minister (who was giving the blessing) - it made me very uncomfortable. Frankly, if I had been thinking, I would have excused myself from the table. But, I'm also sure they would have just waited until I returned. My point is that it's aggravating when everyone just assumes that everyone at the table wants to participate in their religious rituals. And this is probably why I didn't find the video funny.

I was dating a lady back in the spring who considered herself to be a "recovering Catholic". I had never heard the term, so I looked it up and it seems that a "recovering Catholic" is someone who thinks their relationship with the Catholic Church was detrimental to them. I now consider myself a "recovering Baptist".
                            I am sorry that they did that to you.

That said if you didn't pray then you were just holding hands with friends that wanted to include you.

Comment

Yea this isn't really that funny to me because I have always been super uncomfortable when people pray around a meal I'm about to eat. Thankfully it's been years since I've found myself in this situation.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X