No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's an earlier one from Lonnie Holley, "I Woke Up (In A Fucked Up America)"...

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• New Bob Dylan album "Rough and Rowdy Ways" is out now. I really like the opener "I Contain Multitudes", but I couldn't get into the album overall. The most traditional blues numbers just grate on me, and the song "Key West" is so corny, an album ruiner. Also the cover artwork for the album has to be the most hideous cover I've seen in a many years.

But I'll share the opener here. Maybe some others will like the album more than me. I really like albums from artists at the end of their lives, generally. Been obsessed with the latest Swamp Dogg release. But this one didn't do it for me.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        New Bob Dylan album "Rough and Rowdy Ways" is out now. I really like the opener "I Contain Multitudes", but I couldn't get into the album overall. The most traditional blues numbers just grate on me, and the song "Key West" is so corny, an album ruiner. Also the cover artwork for the album has to be the most hideous cover I've seen in a many years.

But I'll share the opener here. Maybe some others will like the album more than me. I really like albums from artists at the end of their lives, generally. Been obsessed with the latest Swamp Dogg release. But this one didn't do it for me.

I am not sure what to make of this. I posted Murder Most Foul when it came out.

I listened to it. Thought it was OK but I never felt the desire to listen to it again.

I like to listen to old people tell stories of the past. This does not seem like that. This is almost depressing to me.

Comment

• This is the album I've listened to the most since I was last here, "Departure Songs" by We Lost the Sea

crazy uplifting post-rock
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I quite like this new song from John K. Samson of The Weakerthans. It mixes fantasy baseball and politics in a way that feels personal to me.

"I manage my fantasy baseball team better
            Than I manage my anger these days.
            I'd trade my best pitcher for a draft pick
            And a picture of the President writhing in pain.
            Its a weird thing to wish for but I can't stop wishing
            Refreshing the browser some day.
            If I live long enough and the world doesn't end
            my wish will come true in a way.
            And he'll die like we all die, in pain or asleep.
            And we'll still have our fantasy baseball.
            And the next fascist fucker in line for the job
            of demolishing hope for us all.
            So I'm putting in love now.
            I'm putting in faith.
            Putting fear on a long-term IL.
            I'm going outside. I'm gonna help organize
            something better. Something beautiful."

Comment

• This is a pretty weird 2 piece band. Its a mix of many genres, punk, break core, jazz, and they dress as clowns and have fun. They've been around for a decade but only released their debut full length recently.

I love the appearance of a "3rd member" in this song to hold down 1 keyboard note to back up the sax solo. Quality stuff.

I've never seen a show in a porta potty, but a few bathrooms. You couldn't do a punk rock show with an audience from a porta potty though. Fuckers would tip it for sure.

Comment

• This is very warm and pleasant = and actually musically solid too

Comment

• I stumbled across this metal guitarist who started creating songs to accompany lunatic right wingers ranting, and it's pretty awesome. Totally reminds me of the 80's and 90's metal trend of including weird monologues set to foreboding metal. Industrial music in particular used this to great effect. I loved the rant in the Ministry cover of Black Sabbath's "Supernaut".

He's only been doing the political content for the last couple months. But its pretty provocative without including a single word of commentary. Very cool.

Comment

• Here's the Black Sabbath cover I mentioned. It actually has a very similar pummeling rhythm to the one I posted above with the crazy preacher lady.

Comment

• I never really paid much attention to Albert Collins until recently. Dude was awesome. Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown was pretty damn good as well.

Lol at the end of this video when the emcee with the heavy accent says "Albert Collins and The Icebreakers". Actually, "The Assbreakers" would be a great name for a band.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• A Swiss mountain coaster brought me here:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This is the first song from Silk Sonic's upcoming debut album. It's a collaboration between Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak. They are supposed to make their TV debut at the Grammys on Sunday. This old school R&B sound has been missing from today's music.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wow! That was really, really great. Thanks for sharing!
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Brian comes in about the 8:20 ish mark.

Comment

• I have been listening to this song since it got posted late last year and I keep assuming it will blow up, but it still only have 50k views, which is low for songs posted on triplej (and about 1/500 of them are mine), so I am posting it here in case anyone needs a new upbeat work out song.

Comment

Working...
                                X