Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like this one from the Pittsburgh kid (lyrics NSFW):

Video filmed under a bridge in the city of bridges.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Panic at the Disco is a cool band.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• If you're into hip-hop fused with jazz elements, check out Avantdale Bowling Club. It's a super interesting project from New Zealand. Fantastic compositions.

I want to start a hip-hop radio show, but my current 2 hour mixed genre show takes up too much time, and I would also need to run my rap show after 10 pm to allow explicit content, so it's tricky.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          I want to start a hip-hop radio show, but my current 2 hour mixed genre show takes up too much time, and I would also need to run my rap show after 10 pm to allow explicit content, so it's tricky.
          Links?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Links?
            There's no podcast for my show right now, but you can either listen live at luradio.ca every Sunday from 5-7 pm EST, or you can find my show on the schedule and click into it to see every track logged and some minimal commentary. I had no idea that the setlists I was logging were automatically accessible to the public, so I'm glad I checked the link before logging something regrettable!

http://www.luradio.ca/schedule/
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• just added to my festival, Opeth!

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Comment

• This guy has been playing underground scuzzy bars, house parties, festivals, etc for over a decade in Canada. He's a funny dude, always has 1 song that he plays in the washroom... I've never been too into the music, but this new single is so awesome. Stuck in my head for 2 days now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    just added to my festival, Opeth!

Opeeeeeeeth. They put on a great show. Which festival are you referring to?

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                      Opeeeeeeeth. They put on a great show. Which festival are you referring to?
                      My son, my brother in law and I are going to this when we are in Helsinki

we are going saturday, Slayer day....
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Enter Sandman in the style of Let's Dance era David Bowie

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Enter Sandman in the style of Let's Dance era David Bowie
                          I would like to see this (youtube is blocked from work) ... will have to check it out later.

I was walking past my stepson yesterday watching Gotham & there was a club scene & the song playing was something I hadn't heard in decades ... Spandau Ballet, Chant #1. It's been in my head since then ... it's great.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I think some folks in here will dig this. It's a chipmunks album played at 16 rpm, and it sounds amazing. I've seen it pop up for a while now, but I thought it looked like a novelty. I finally gave it a chance and I admit it works incredibly well.

Comment

• On the subject of music that takes on a new life at a different speed, this 33 rpm play of Dolly Parton's "Jolene" has 8 million views. You may have caught it when it blew up several years back, but in case you missed it:

Comment

Working...
                                X