Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Vulfpeck is great but I've heard their live show is meh...too much imploring of the crowd to raise the energy level.
    I hate it when any band/performer does that. Raising the energy level is THEIR job.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
      I hate it when any band/performer does that. Raising the energy level is THEIR job.
      Exactly.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Vulfpeck is great but I've heard their live show is meh...too much imploring of the crowd to raise the energy level.
        Oof. That could be a problem in Colorado.
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Sometimes I just don't wanna throw my hands in the air like I just don't care. Sometimes I care.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Sometimes I just don't wanna throw my hands in the air like I just don't care. Sometimes I care.
            +1 on this!
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              This is scary good.

Saw this guy (and his group) in concert doing a Queen tribute.
              They were very good!
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                I heard this song today and said to myself, "Damn this sounds like Boston but I ain't ever heard it!"

Used SoundHound and it came up as a song from 1980 from some dude named Barry Goudreau. Ok, let's check YouTube for the video. Lo and behold, here's this Goudreau character with everyone in Boston except for Tom Scholz!

Turns out Barry Goudreau is an original member of Boston. Tom Scholz, the founder, had a contract dispute with their label at that time -- which is why it took them so long to release their third album (1978 until 1986) -- and Scholz said to the rest of the band, go ahead and release an album without me! They did, under Barry Goudreau's name. When Scholz came back, he asked Goudreau to leave the band. Never knew any of this.

Anyway, check out this long-lost "Boston" song! It's a great find!

Just found another one from Barry Goudreau & Brad Delp. It's posted below.
                Last edited by madducks; 12-29-2018, 07:57 AM.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This was recorded just months before Brad Delp's death in 2007. After all those years he still had an incredible voice.

Last edited by madducks; 12-29-2018, 07:54 AM.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jimi Hendrix once said that Terry Kath of Chicago was the greatest guitarist that he had ever heard. Joe Walsh said that he didn't know how Kath got that sound out of his guitar. At the time of Kath's death in 1978, he was starting his own band because he wanted to lose the horn section. Kath is absolutely amazing on this song. Wait for his solo at around 2:58.

Last edited by madducks; 12-30-2018, 10:22 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Here's a new one for all of the party people at RJ.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I hadn't heard anything off this album until today

Last edited by Fresno Bob; 01-14-2019, 06:49 PM.
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• this one is very NSFW

Comment

• Finnish hillbillies play Thunderstruck

Last edited by Fresno Bob; 01-16-2019, 08:32 PM. Reason: sigur ros aren't finnish hillbillies

Comment

• “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

Comment

• excellent synthwave, I'm ready for the arcade!

Comment

Working...
                                X