No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know that everyone has heard this song before. But, like myself, you may not have seen this particular live TV performance before. It's from a 1989 TV show called "Night Music" hosted by David Sanborn.

[SRV @ 1:30]
    Last edited by madducks; 04-08-2019, 12:24 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Another one from that show.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        I think some folks in here will dig this. It's a chipmunks album played at 16 rpm, and it sounds amazing. I've seen it pop up for a while now, but I thought it looked like a novelty. I finally gave it a chance and I admit it works incredibly well.

Dirgemunks!
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Pyramid Song 800x slower

Comment

• “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• here's the band that is going on right before Slayer at the Tuska festival, and the one I'm most fired up to see live

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• rip roky
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• a true monster kid
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Comment

• You must have gotten a chance to see Roky Erikson at some point? I don't think I managed to see him, though he still played shows occasionally, and festivals right up to the end (Pop Montreal fest)

I'll need to get a bit more familiar... I had an anthology in my 20's but didn't explore too deep.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Stumbled across this, and I know Fresno Bob is a big fan of Ruby. Cover of the Dolly Parton original.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                          Stumbled across this, and I know Fresno Bob is a big fan of Ruby. Cover of the Dolly Parton original.

very nice, ever since I'd heard the "Jolene 45 at 33rpm" version, I've always wanted a dirge-ier version, and this hit the spot. This could be the credits music for "True Detective Season 4"

Comment

• heavy metal violin pirates...

Comment

• Some oldies I either heard a long time ago and complete forgot about, or hadn't heard at all, but all are now getting a lot of play on my iPhone:

Honeymoon Suite - New Girl Now (1984)
                              Another XM find, this one was lost to me until I heard it on Classic Rewind.

Comment

• Electric Light Orchestra - Calling America (1986)
                                Hard to believe but I never heard this one at all, until it was in an XM 80s countdown a couple of months back. This is their last charted hit, from 1986. Classic ELO sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X