No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .38 Special - If I'd Be the One (1984)
    This is one of those songs I've heard on and off for years, but just could never place the song title with the song and therefore lost it to history. Dig the hot young Julianne Phillips, too!

Comment

• Slade - Run Runaway (1984)
      Wow, lots of 1984 goodness. This one should have gotten more US airplay at the time.

Comment

• I'm not a big country music fan with Garth and some of the old timer stuff from Campbell, Cash, Waylon, & Nelson being the exceptions. I usually prefer the uptempo stuff. Didn't realize that KS was also a musician until i read about him canceling tour dates due to a cracked rib from a fall.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jakob Dylan and Beck - "Goin' Back" (from "Echo In The Canyon" soundtrack)
            Last edited by madducks; 09-28-2019, 04:18 PM.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              I'm not a big country music fan with Garth and some of the old timer stuff from Campbell, Cash, Waylon, & Nelson being the exceptions. I usually prefer the uptempo stuff. Didn't realize that KS was also a musician until i read about him canceling tour dates due to a cracked rib from a fall.

I agree with pretty much everything you have written as far as country goes.

Kief started out sounding a bit like a young John Prine until he kicked it up a bit. I liked it. Maybe even enough to see him if he comes around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I agree with pretty much everything you have written as far as country goes.

Kief started out sounding a bit like a young John Prine until he kicked it up a bit. I liked it. Maybe even enough to see him if he comes around.
                Played it for Mrs. Gregg. She could not guess who it was. Liked if very much. Depending on venue we will probably go if he comes around Chicago or Milwaukee in the future.

Comment

• How freaking epic is Tool's Fear Inoculum? I'm floored. Long time coming, but worth it. Any Tool fans here?

Comment

• I guess not, so I will put this here to try to get a convert:

Comment

• Also, anyone into Twenty One Pilots? I'm in my 40s, and have young kid's, so the list of groups I'd make an effort to see if they came around here is short. Two groups from my formative years--Tool and Radiohead. The third is TOP. I like a lot of newer groups, but right now, TOP impresses me the most with the depth of their catalog for such a young group.

Comment

• Not one of their recent songs, but posting it to show the range. Lots of very different songs/hits, lots of range from a band that is only 10 years old.

Comment

• Another one with a great beat. Both these are better than Heathens imo, which was their biggest hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            How freaking epic is Tool's Fear Inoculum? I'm floored. Long time coming, but worth it. Any Tool fans here?
                            I used to love Tool. Saw them in Minneapolis in 2004 or so. Haven't listened much in recent years, I just got into different stuff. I hear the new album has a lot of filler, so I haven't been motivated to check it out, but my dad loves it.

For my headbanging needs, I've been enjoying the new album from King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• As for Twenty One Pilots, i liked their live performance on SNL, and I've enjoyed a few singles, but I can't get into those vocals and the general whiny affected delivery. For pop music, I'm really loving the new release from Carla Dal Forno. She's been a favourite of mine for the last year or so.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I was tempted to start a new thread for this, because I wouldn't quite call this "Exceelent," but as a fan of House that didn't know Hugh Laurie had these kind of chops, this was a pleasant surprise. Not bad blues.

Comment

Working...
                                X