Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Anyone heard of a band called Built To Spill?
    Yep, hoping to see them in a couple months if things are back to normal.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Anyone heard of a band called Built To Spill?
      Please don't take this in any way other than a respectful way, but I am surprised you don't know them considering your knowledge of music.

I love their second album, There's Nothing Wrong With Love. It's a great indie pop album. Then they became a bit of a indie rock jam band with pop sensibilities.

Here's the pop site:

Here's the jam side:

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        Please don't take this in any way other than a respectful way, but I am surprised you don't know them considering your knowledge of music.

I love their second album, There's Nothing Wrong With Love. It's a great indie pop album. Then they became a bit of a indie rock jam band with pop sensibilities.
        Nah, never heard of them. There are many bands who are fairly well know in the UK and USA who are complete unknowns on the other side.

Kinda diggin' them

Comment

Nah, never heard of them. There are many bands who are fairly well know in the UK and USA who are complete unknowns on the other side.

Kinda diggin' them
          True. Plenty of bands in the UK that are huge that we don't know about. I was lucky enough to find the Wildhearts, who are pretty big over there but obscure of here.

Glad you are enjoying them.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Neil Diamond is doing his part to promote steps to prevent the spread of the coronavirus – and he found a creative way to do it. Diamond changed the lyrics to his iconic hit "Sweet Caroline" for a musical PSA about the virus.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              True. Plenty of bands in the UK that are huge that we don't know about. I was lucky enough to find the Wildhearts, who are pretty big over there but obscure of here.

Glad you are enjoying them.
              Random. I just started listening to a metal podcast and on one of their episodes they review their latest album. I'd never heard of them so I tried to look them up on my favorite metal archive and they didn't show up so maybe they're more hard rock?

Comment

• This is really nice - gives off a good vibe

Crowded House acoustic with his adult kids

http://mixlr.com/fangradio/

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  Random. I just started listening to a metal podcast and on one of their episodes they review their latest album. I'd never heard of them so I tried to look them up on my favorite metal archive and they didn't show up so maybe they're more hard rock?
                  Raucous hard rock / punk

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                    As Johnny said, hard rock / punk. I will add with a ton of melodic hooks and metal riffs.

I like to think of them as Cheap Trick turned up to 11 on steroids.

Their first album is one of my favorites of all time.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• So one of my favourite Neil Young songs is a track called Ordinary People which was originally recorded in the mid-late 80's, but not released until 2007. Getting a real Ordinary People vibe from this Buffalo Springfield jam session from 1986 ... check this out

Comment

• Nice. OP was written during a songwriting binge in 1988. Rockin' in the Free World was also part of that binge.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wanted to add this one, Shine by Mondo Cozmo

Comment

• Originally posted by wombat104 View Post
                              Wanted to add this one, Shine by Mondo Cozmo

Thank you. I enjoyed that very much.

Comment

• SATURDAY NIGHT

some farmaid - Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews

https://www.farmaid.org/blog/watch-a...rday-april-11/

Comment

Working...
                                X