Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

May as well start this thread again.

This came out in 2009 but I just came across this video. It's pretty great.

Obits Pine On

Not one of my favorites from the album, however this is my favorite song. It's got a haunting sound that really gets to me.

Obits Back and Forth
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Absolutely love this song - sounds like an updated version of early 60's pop

The Morning Benders - "Excuses"

Comment

The Strokes are finally releasing a new album, here's their 1st single. Pretty good after a couple listens.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Love that this song sounds like it's from the 60's.

Love this song!

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

After watching the grammy awards the other day i was introduced to Mumford and Sons and The Avett Brothers. Loved the sound of both these bands.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Terrible (teerible?) music I've heard lately:
            Wrong thread.

(And how many more times are you going to report that you don't like Arcade Fire? We get it. This was a very deserving album actually and I was shocked the Grammys finally got one right.)

And LCD Soundsystem is hanging it up so you won't have to worry about seeing any more of them.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Arcade Fire = teerible. Deserving only of a quick burial.
              David Bowie is among the millions of others who completely disagree.

Last edited by DMT; 02-15-2011, 08:19 PM.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Bucky, I really dug the Obits. They seemed super familiar and I couldn't figure out why so I looked them up. Turns out they're fronted by a dude who was in one of my favorite bands around --- Drive Like Jehu. You've probably heard them before but here's a nice DLJ song:

Tough to find videos of these guys. If I remember correctly, guys from DLJ went on to be in Rocket From the Crypt, another awesome band.

Check out the Hot Snakes as well. Front man for DLJ and Obits did Hot Snakes in between those two bands along with John Reis from Rocket From the Crypt, who was also in DLJ. He was in those two bands while in RFTC.

Glad you liked The Obits, sometimes I feel no one likes anything I like. They have a new album coming out soon, April maybe.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

For DMT and a few others

This is easily one of the best web sites for stripped down versions of hipper indie bands
                  http://www.blogotheque.net/-Concerts...orter-?lang=fr

and here is some Arcade Fire
                  http://www.blogotheque.net/Arcade-Fire,2868

It had a technical glitch before but hopefully is it fixed

Comment

I posted the lead single from this band in the original thread. The whole album is just awesome and this is another track that rules.

Comment

this probably won't go over well here, but I can't get enough of Cee Lo Green. You have to understand I probably hear new music one or two years late, if ever, since SportsRadio/my classic rock station/my iPod doesn't play anything new. I usually hear of new music either here or from commercials or video game soundtracks. But "F--k You" is such a great song with an early 1970s vibe, it's hard not to love it.

Comment

As has become the norm for her, it's going to take a while for the new PJ Harvey album to grow on me, but the single is exceelent.

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          this probably won't go over well here, but I can't get enough of Cee Lo Green. You have to understand I probably hear new music one or two years late, if ever, since SportsRadio/my classic rock station/my iPod doesn't play anything new. I usually hear of new music either here or from commercials or video game soundtracks. But "F--k You" is such a great song with an early 1970s vibe, it's hard not to love it.
                          I love this song! Because we all have someone we want to say this to.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                            As has become the norm for her, it's going to take a while for the new PJ Harvey album to grow on me, but the single is exceelent.

I like "angry PJ" much better than "lovelorn PJ", so I haven't liked much of what she has done since "Dry" or "Rid of Me"....
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

If you like MMW or Fela Kuti (i.e., afro/funk/jazz), check these guys out from Germany.

- Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                              X