Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Jakob Dylan and Beck - "Goin' Back" (from "Echo In The Canyon" soundtrack)
    This was my favorite song from the soundtrack that i posted a few months back.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I really enjoyed this documentary. It was nostalgic, entertaining, and educational all at the same time. Some reviewers have ripped Jakob Dylan for not being as talented as his father and using the family name to open doors. Why can't people just enjoy both without comparing?
      Because they're miserable failures.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Here's one for Mith and all of the other Rush fans. RIP Neal Peart.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Here's one for Mith and all of the other Rush fans. RIP Neal Peart.

Fantastic...but, but, but...WHY ARE THERE 2 WORKING CLOTHES DRYERS ON STAGE DOING LAUNDRY????
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Fantastic...but, but, but...WHY ARE THERE 2 WORKING CLOTHES DRYERS ON STAGE DOING LAUNDRY????
            Gotta have clean clothes lol.

After wondering myself i found this:
            The clothes dryers on stage are a satire on arena rock trends

One of the more interesting aspects of Rush's stage show over the last decade has been the appearance of working clothes dryers on the right side of the stage. These set pieces, which spin Rush t-shirts throughout the performance, were brought about when Geddy Lee began to run his sound directly through the front of house console, eliminating the need for an amp stack on his side of the stage. Needing to fill a now empty hole on the stage, the band took the opportunity to poke fun at the habit of rockers filling the stage with walls of amps, only a few of which are usually functional. The dryers aren't the only appliances that have made an appearance on Rush's stage, they have also used refrigerators, vending machines and even giant rotisserie ovens that cooked real chicken and were attended to by a chef throughout.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Gotta have clean clothes lol.

After wondering myself i found this:
              Thanks...that's a great story.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Found this when I was looking for something else. I was living in Westlake Ohio August 8th 1983. I am not sure what I was doing on that day. I should have driven to Cuyahoga Falls and attended this concert.

Last edited by Gregg; 02-04-2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Tim Skold, from Shotgun Messiah, and then the multi-instrumentalist for Marilyn Manson has his own stuff under the band Skold, and new (as of this past weekend) Industrial stuff with his band Not My God (with Nero Bellum, from Pshchlon 9)

His music is fantastic.
                  Skold - Better the Devil - 4KDirected by Kevin PrestonCinematography by Asher VastEdited by Asher Vast and Kevin PrestonColor Grading by Asher VastGrip: Emil...

the Marilyn Monroe intro is on point, and the lyrics are haunting.
                  I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

Comment

• Fun to drive to:

Comment

• Good driving song. Very sad for a metal song.

“There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                        Good driving song. Very sad for a metal song.

Ming the Merciless has a higher voice than I remembered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Ming the Merciless has a higher voice than I remembered.
                          Nicely played!
                          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Styx guitarist/vocalist Tommy Shaw's rousing 2016 solo turn with the Cleveland-based Contemporary Youth Orchestra, under the direction of principal conductor/founder Liza Grossman and alongside guitarist/musical director Will Evankovich and backed by the next generation of the finest high-school-aged musicians in Ohio.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Anyone heard of a band called Built To Spill?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Anyone heard of a band called Built To Spill?
                                Yes, they were kind of a big deal in the indie scene in the early '00s. Some people love them. I think they're OK.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X