• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    That's awesome. I love those guys.
    That was awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      I really enjoyed this. Thanks for posting.

I can't wait to show my 10 year old Grandson this one.

Comment

• Just heard the 50th Anniversary Re-issue of All Things Must Pass by George Harrison. They did an amazing job of re-mixing this flawed gem, getting good separation on the instruments, eliminating a lot of the reverb, and bringing George's vocals out from under the blanket they were under for so long. For those who love this album but not the overproduction from Phil Spector, this is a treat.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
          Just heard the 50th Anniversary Re-issue of All Things Must Pass by George Harrison. They did an amazing job of re-mixing this flawed gem, getting good separation on the instruments, eliminating a lot of the reverb, and bringing George's vocals out from under the blanket they were under for so long. For those who love this album but not the overproduction from Phil Spector, this is a treat.
          I'll have to give that a listen - thanks for the heads up!
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Django! Dig his stuff
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Here's a playlist with Mastodon's "Crack The Skye" minus the vocals. Insane. This is also on Spotify.

Love listening to this when I'm working.

Comment

• Since I'm an old fart and haven't listened to new music since 1996, I occasionally stumble upon some cool "new" tunes, like this one:

Comment

• Comment

• Came across this in the new Velvet Underground documentary, from a Lou Reed group in '65. So incredibly simple, just one riff repeated, but Lou's energy, and my love of R&B dance craze songs make it special to me.

The Primitives - The Ostrich

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Came across this in the new Velvet Underground documentary, from a Lou Reed group in '65. So incredibly simple, just one riff repeated, but Lou's energy, and my love of R&B dance craze songs make it special to me.

The Primitives - The Ostrich

So the beginning of this reminded me of something way back in my head/past. Similar but different... maybe the Stones Get off of My Cloud or the MaCoys Hang on Sloopy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          So the beginning of this reminded me of something way back in my head/past. Similar but different... maybe the Stones Get off of My Cloud or the MaCoys Hang on Sloopy?
                          You are welcome!

Comment

• Interesting documentary about the "Sloopy Girl."

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ashes of Ares has a new release out.. and Matt Barlow sounds terrific
                              I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

Comment

• Recently rediscovered solo album from the guitarist of the Meters. Incredible!

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X