Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    So I have to go to a conference in Dublin on April 7th, and can't get there on the day, so I have to turn up the day before, and I'm looking for stuff to do. The Tutankhamun exhibition is something I want to see ...

Bowling for Soup are playing that night. I have never knowingly listened to them ... is it worth going to see them?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

So I have to go to a conference in Dublin on April 7th, and can't get there on the day, so I have to turn up the day before, and I'm looking for stuff to do. Bowling for Soup are playing that night. I have never knowingly listened to them ... is it worth going to see them?
      Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      That will be a no then

Comment

Whoever is in charge of the music for the current series of House should definitely get a Charlie Sheen Winning award.

I've lost count how many times I've been on google looking for obscure tracks from the show this season. There was an eerie slow piano version of My Body is a Cage last night ... pretty sure it wasn't Arcade Fire.

Comment

Thirty million viewers can't be wrong:

Though I prefer the Dylan version:

Comment

Seriously, though. My favorite show at SXSW: The Ranchero Brothers.

Comment

Rebecca Black

Jefe-

Thar was not nice. I teach 8th grade and fear that song will be a hit soon.

must cleanse palate

ah better

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                Seriously, though. My favorite show at SXSW: The Ranchero Brothers.

Do they have any of their own songs or do they just do Old 97's songs? I love that Murray is wearing a Minor Threat shirt and has a straight edge X on his hand.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                  Thirty million viewers can't be wrong:

Though I prefer the Dylan version:
                  DADDY!! I want a musical career ... buy me one NOW!

This monstrosity has been all over the internet for 3 days now, and every time I bump into it I feel compelled to watch it ... it's car crash stuff. Very possibly the worst song lyrics I have ever heard ... expect in the hands of Bob Dylan (errrrr).

She just can't make up her mind which seat to sit in ... at least she knows that Thursday comes before Friday, Saturday comes after Friday, and Sunday comes afterwards.

The Dylan version is genius "partying partying yeah!" LOL
                  Last edited by johnnya24; 03-21-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    Do they have any of their own songs or do they just do Old 97's songs? I love that Murray is wearing a Minor Threat shirt and has a straight edge X on his hand.
                    There's a lot of overlap. Usually they play more of the country stuff, and back in the day (late 90's/early 00's) there were a bunch of songs that they only played with the Rancheros. But their last 3 albums have all had at least a couple of those on there, so the overlap has grown.

They were going to do a studio album back in the day but it never panned out. I posted all of the tracks from those sessions on their site last month. You can grab one here. Won't Be Home No More was actually going to be the "single" from that album, but it was one of several that ended up on Drag It Up, which was a large reason they tabled the idea. Champaign, IL from the new album was a RB song, too. And there's at least one going to be on the new CD in July.
                    Last edited by Jefe; 03-21-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

DADDY!! I want a musical career ... buy me one NOW!

This monstrosity has been all over the internet for 3 days now, and every time I bump into it I feel compelled to watch it ... it's car crash stuff. Very possibly the worst song lyrics I have ever heard ... expect in the hands of Bob Dylan (errrrr).

She just can't make up her mind which seat to sit in ... at least she knows that Thursday comes before Friday, Saturday comes after Friday, and Sunday comes afterwards.

The Dylan version is genius "partying partying yeah!" LOL
                      The kicker is that this young lady didn't write the music or the lyrics. The hack production company her parents set her up with had the song waiting for her, so all she had to do was provide her horrendous voice. It's a bit funny that she's trying to distance herself from the song itself, but when she attempted to show her singing chops on Good Morning America, she sounded just as bad as in the auto-tuned version that has made her famous.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                        The kicker is that this young lady didn't write the music or the lyrics. The hack production company her parents set her up with had the song waiting for her, so all she had to do was provide her horrendous voice. It's a bit funny that she's trying to distance herself from the song itself, but when she attempted to show her singing chops on Good Morning America, she sounded just as bad as in the auto-tuned version that has made her famous.
                        The next logical step is to get Rebecca Black to sing some old Dylan standards.

Comment

We're really resorting to making fun of a 13 year old girl because she's bad at singing? Shame on you guys.
                          I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                            We're really resorting to making fun of a 13 year old girl because she's bad at singing? Shame on you guys.
                            I'm more worried about the message this sends out: that it's OK for 13 year old's to drive cars, and its ok for kids in the back seat (where she chose to sit BTW in case anyone was wondering) not to wear seat belts ... I'm appalled!

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                              she looks 18 to fresno bob...
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Thank you cows

Comment

Working...
                                X