Where does Harper end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    It also appears that he does not want to play for the Nats.

I wonder what he does if no one gives him a better offer than Machado?
    I think he already has offers better than Machado at this point.

Comment

It is interesting to observe the difference in process between the Boras client (Harper) and the guy who fired Boras (Arenado). I wonder how much of that is attributable to the agent, and how much to the respective client?
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
        It is interesting to observe the difference in process between the Boras client (Harper) and the guy who fired Boras (Arenado). I wonder how much of that is attributable to the agent, and how much to the respective client?
        yeah I was noticing that as well. I guess there's a reason certain clients are drawn to certain agents.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gregg;334619]It also appears that he does not want to play for the Nats.

It's true that Harper turned down a $300M/10yr offer from the Nats in September to pursue free agency, but nobody blames him for testing the market.

In the meantime, the Nats moved on and spent their money elsewhere (smarter, IMO). Generally speaking, DC are not bitter about Harper leaving. It was a good breakup from both sides.

Philly fans, by contrast, are deliciously salty today.

Now I REALLY hope he goes there.

Comment

And it's done. Phillies.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              And it's done. Phillies.
              I started hearing chatter around the office so I figured I'd come here to confirm.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

$330 million for 13 years! Wow!

Comment

my guess - 10 years, something-gazillion dollars (let's go with 345)

edit: nevermind ...

Comment

Prediction: Philly fans will boo him by July 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boone View Post
                      Prediction: Philly fans will boo him by July 4.
                      I'm taking the under.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Phillies fan here: really hoping he would have signed with L A. Too much drama

Comment

• Segura
                          Cutch
                          Harper
                          Hoskins
                          Realmuto
                          Odubel
                          Franco
                          Cesar

That's pretty good.

Comment

• Wow Arenado crushed Harper in AAV. Harper contract must be seriously front loaded, looking forward to seeing year by year breakdown. I think Harper is entering his prime, and he has a couple MVP quality seasons coming up, let the doubters doubt, Harper will not take the contract and get fat and lazy.

Comment

• keep at 41-O in NL-only 12-team 5x5 with decent inflation?
                              not an OBP league, though - just AVG
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                                Wow Arenado crushed Harper in AAV. Harper contract must be seriously front loaded, looking forward to seeing year by year breakdown. I think Harper is entering his prime, and he has a couple MVP quality seasons coming up, let the doubters doubt, Harper will not take the contract and get fat and lazy.
                                Word is that the contract is front loaded. No opt outs and full no trade clause.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X