Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Harper end up?

Take your best guess here.

On a side note, you NL only players, what are you doing with your Harper? If do not own him what would you trade for him.

Texas
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

White Sox
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Philly
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Dodgers
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Philly

Comment

Not only does Harper need a team with deep enough pockets, but he also needs a city/team that's under a big enough spotlight to satisfy his oversized ego. So, Yankees, Dodgers, and Cubs all fit the bill. And i think the Dodgers want him the most so he will end up there.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dodgers have Puig Pederson Kemp Taylor Bellinger EHernandez who play a lot of OF. none with less than a 110 OPS+ in 2018

also Verdugo and Toles in the mix for 2019

they can lean Taylor Bellinger EHernandez more into the INF, but that seems like a logjam too - especially with Seager back
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Take your best guess here.

On a side note, you NL only players, what are you doing with your Harper? If do not own him what would you trade for him.
                  NL only 5x5. $260 budget 12 team keeper.

I just traded My second round pick, rookie P Logan Allen 5F, Yoshihisa Hirano 1A, Albert Almora 8A, and Eickhoff 1A for his 9th round pick, $46 Harper and $54A Scherzer.

The only one that might have made my team is Hirano if he is named the closer.

I don't think anyone has kept a $50 player in this league, they mostly go back in the auction. I will probably keep Scherzer if Harper is traded to the AL and put him back if he stays in the NL.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    NL only 5x5. $260 budget 12 team keeper.

I just traded My second round pick, rookie P Logan Allen 5F, Yoshihisa Hirano 1A, Albert Almora 8A, and Eickhoff 1A for his 9th round pick, $46 Harper and $54A Scherzer.

The only one that might have made my team is Hirano if he is named the closer.

I don't think anyone has kept a $50 player in this league, they mostly go back in the auction. I will probably keep Scherzer if Harper is traded to the AL and put him back if he stays in the NL.
                    the drop off from elite pitchers is huge these days.. while everyone else is hitting 30+ HR's. gotta go with pitching. it's like there are less than a dozen reliable SP now but plenty of batters. now's the time to overpay for SP. position scarcity.

Comment

Washington

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                        Washington
                        Yeah, i agree that the Nationals are still in play here. They stepped up with the Scherzer deal a few years ago. So, why not do it for the face of the franchise?
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          the drop off from elite pitchers is huge these days.. while everyone else is hitting 30+ HR's. gotta go with pitching. it's like there are less than a dozen reliable SP now but plenty of batters. now's the time to overpay for SP. position scarcity.
                          I agree with you. Even if Harper is traded to the AL I get Scherzer. Is he expensive yep, he is also the best. I also have a $29A Nola so I won't need to get much pitching in the auction.

deGrom is now the best one in the aucition. I expect me keeping Scherzer and Nola will add $10 to his auction price.

If Harper stays in the NL that will be frosting on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                            I like this type of analysis, looking at changes over time and bucking the trends.

However, if this was the case shouldn't we see it in the objective analysis? In other words, if there were just a few pitchers that were worth significantly more than the others, in relative terms, then their $s earned in retrospective analysis should show that. We should see it in the data. I'd expect those top elite pitchers to be worth $40+ right up there with Arenado and Yelich, etc.

But quite the contrary, elite pitchers did not out earn hitters at the top last year. Looking at NL only, Scherzer was the sole pitcher in the top 10 in 2018. Looking further down, DeGrom and Nola both made the top 15, but nothing else in the top 20. Still hitter dominated.

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I like this type of analysis, looking at changes over time and bucking the trends.

However, if this was the case shouldn't we see it in the objective analysis? In other words, if there were just a few pitchers that were worth significantly more than the others, in relative terms, then their $s earned in retrospective analysis should show that. We should see it in the data. I'd expect those top elite pitchers to be worth $40+ right up there with Arenado and Yelich, etc.

But quite the contrary, elite pitchers did not out earn hitters at the top last year. Looking at NL only, Scherzer was the sole pitcher in the top 10 in 2018. Looking further down, DeGrom and Nola both made the top 15, but nothing else in the top 20. Still hitter dominated.

Why?
                              What about value relative to position? I'm a points league guy, and elite SPs outscore bats, so I'm not aware of the roto numbers. I suspect, though, that the drop off from elite arms to middle tier arms is more severe than the drop off from elite bats to middle tier bats. Wouldn't that make getting an elite arm worth more?

Comment

Working...
                              X