Where does Harper end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still SD. They will still suck
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 02-21-2019, 04:56 PM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Not the White Sox, as they bowed out today.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Not the White Sox, as they bowed out today.
        Another bad decision added to the list. I have to think it will affect the gate this upcoming season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Another bad decision added to the list. I have to think it will affect the gate this upcoming season.
          Maybe. They do have a lot of young up and coming talent. Eloy Jimenez looks like he is going to be a very exciting bat in that line up for years to come.

Comment

SD can sign every bat in the world, as long as Bryan Mitchell is their third starter....well, you know

Comment

Both could easily end up in Philly. San Diego could definitely use him, too, but they have 40-man roster problems with all those prospects. Not sure where he lands.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Maybe. They do have a lot of young up and coming talent. Eloy Jimenez looks like he is going to be a very exciting bat in that line up for years to come.
                Their current outfield, while Eloy works on his "service time" is Adam Engel, Nicky Delmonico and Jon Jay. Wow. I can see why they would bow out, because this team still won't be good even with Harper, but Moncada isn't terrible, and if you add him to Harper/Abreu/Eloy, that's at least a place to start.

Comment

Nats owner Mark Lerner says they've "moved on" from Harper, so I'd assume they're out as well. So I guess the teams left standing are the Phillies, Giants and Padres.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Yes this is true. However, the White Sox fans are not as patient as the north siders. If they stay true to form, they will keep Eloy down to get another year of control, so after opening day I would expect some crickets at the old ball park.

They really messed up on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Nats owner Mark Lerner says they've "moved on" from Harper, so I'd assume they're out as well. So I guess the teams left standing are the Phillies, Giants and Padres.
                      Unless the Giants change their strategy they are out too. They want a larger contract but shorter years. Harper has stated that will not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Unless the Giants change their strategy they are out too. They want a larger contract but shorter years. Harper has stated that will not happen.
                        Harper also seems like he doesn't really want to go to Philly, and I don't actually think the Padres are in the $$$ range he's looking for. So... :shrug:

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Harper also seems like he doesn't really want to go to Philly, and I don't actually think the Padres are in the $$$ range he's looking for. So... :shrug:
                          He should sign a two year deal with the Cubs...oh wait they don't have any money.

Comment

I'm leaning now towards the Giants. Harper being from Las Vegas might very well accept a shorter contract with the Giants with Scottsville and SF both being a short trip away. If the Phillies really wanted him the deal would be done by now.

Comment

Plus, SF can't let little brother SD steal all the limelight!

Comment

I hope you are right
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X