Robert Mueller investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I've thought from day one too many were wrongly putting too many eggs in this basket. I thought this was an important issue worthy of investigation, but for a very long time, we've known nothing and yet the left-leaning 24 hour news networks obsessed over every non-detail of this thing. Not that I watched those networks much before, but this thing made them completely unwatchable for the last two years. I still think there is a there, there, but I always suspected Trump was cunning enough to cover his tracks, so never expected much to come from this. There has been, for his entire presidency, more important and immediate concerns to focus on with Trump. The fact that those were often pushed aside for coverage and analysis of nothing new, while implying inside knowledge that there would be damning truths revealed any day now was absolutely a failing of those media outlets. It reminded me of a religious doomsday cult. They kept stringing followers along with the promise that any day now, Trump's world was going to end.
    I don't see how MSNBC has any credibility or audience left after the last 2 years. Why would anyone watch or trust Rachel Maddow or others who have been feeding them shit all this time ? And they have just given Trump a lot more ammo for his "fake news" and "witch hunt" angles. Hopefully a lot of people will take this time as an opportunity to re-assess and think more critically.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      "I always suspected Trump was cunning enough to cover his tracks"

I see a lot of this - he's both a total simpleton, and a Machiavellian 4th-dimensional chess player.
      nice work if you can get it
      It is possible to think him both simple but savvy in unsavory matters. I don't think all mafia bosses are geniuses either. It doesn't take playing 4th dimensional chess to be cautious with crimes.

Comment

• but the ability to 'cover his tracks' for months and months on an elaborate scheme to collude with the Russian government couldn't possibly fit your narrative any more poorly. he's NOT good at covering his tracks.

I mean, he's a stealthy genius regarding Russia, but his fingerprints are ALL OVER the Stormy Daniels botched payouts. or was that designed to distract us from his Machiavellian genius re Russia?

also, clinging to some Russia-Trump election plot at this point is becoming cult-like.

"Mueller is da man."
        Mueller can't find any connection after interviewing FIVE HUNDRED people.
        "Trump was cunning enough to cover his tracks."

#cmonman

bonus points also for the "if you win it's because you cheated and it was rigged" comment above - which Trump definitely would have claimed - and not seeing the remarkable irony.

I still can't believe he won, and I didn't vote for him.
        but he won. a bunch of Russians didn't invade Rust Belt ballot places and flip levers, or brainwash gullible Hillaryites with a handful of Facebook links.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• It seems you are assuming a far more involved and intricate interaction than I am when it comes to Russia and Trump. I never bought into the golden showers and Manchurian candidate thing. But is it really a stretch that he would okay sharing info and resources with the hopes of bringing down a common enemy with Russian proxies? Is it a stretch to assume Trump would put self interest, both financial and political over national matters of propriety, integrity or legality?

Eta: all that is required is to give the okay to someone he trusts, his son, perhaps. Organized criminals do it all the time. You just heed a reliable buffer. It doesn't require months of intricate planning to cover up a few vaguely worded commands to the right person. In any event, the emotional investment many placed in all if this was misplaced and a waste. I wasn't one of those people. I have other more provably true and damning things to hate about Trump.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-26-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• "Is it a stretch to assume Trump would put self interest, both financial and political over national matters of propriety, integrity or legality?"

no.

but Trump didn't win because of Russia. The amount those clowns spent on Facebook in campaign season is less than DraftKings spends on DFS advertising in about 10 minutes. the Russians didn't hack machines, they didn't alter vote totals (though a scary number of Dems - maybe a majority - believe that because Trumpers aren't the only suckers).

Hillary's campaign shat the bed from A to Z, and we're stuck with this.
            and given Bill and Hillary's, er, friends, all over the world who have lavished tens of millions of bucks on them, let's not pretend she would land on a fainting couch if she got an interesting phone call herself. she's no shrinking violet.

the whole Trump presidency is a farce, and the sooner that Ds stop trying to hit 1000-foot homers the better. there are plenty of extra-base hits and maybe even a grand slam to be had yet ahead.

but if a big portion of the rank and file doesn't wake up, they may not like what they see in 2020 (me neither, but I'm just a hostage).
            Last edited by Judge Jude; 03-26-2019, 08:20 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• You are arguing with the wrong fellow, JJ. I never claimed Trump won because of Russia, although I do think they helped spread discord and disinformation. But they merely fanned flames that were already there, and in any event, HRC totally dropped the damn ball. I will always resent her for it. She took the ball and the shot and then Bucknered it.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-26-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

It seems you are assuming a far more involved and intricate interaction than I am when it comes to Russia and Trump. I never bought into the golden showers and Manchurian candidate thing. But is it really a stretch that he would okay sharing info and resources with the hopes of bringing down a common enemy with Russian proxies? Is it a stretch to assume Trump would put self interest, both financial and political over national matters of propriety, integrity or legality?

Eta: all that is required is to give the okay to someone he trusts, his son, perhaps. Organized criminals do it all the time. You just heed a reliable buffer. It doesn't require months of intricate planning to cover up a few vaguely worded commands to the right person. In any event, the emotional investment many placed in all if this was misplaced and a waste. I wasn't one of those people. I have other more provably true and damning things to hate about Trump.
                the part in bold I completely agree with. I think it is unfortunate that so many people focused on all the crap that might end up helping him rather than focusing on all the obvious policies that should have been the focus all along. Hopefully it won't be a huge mistake that all people who don't want him re-elected regret in a couple more years.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  the part in bold I completely agree with. I think it is unfortunate that so many people focused on all the crap that might end up helping him rather than focusing on all the obvious policies that should have been the focus all along. Hopefully it won't be a huge mistake that all people who don't want him re-elected regret in a couple more years.
                  FS, I'm surprised by this, but you have been expressing more optimism than I feel lately. From believing this fiasco will be a wake up call for people to think more critically, to having hope that the Dems won't somehow screw up what should be an easy victory over a vile bafoon of a president--are you feeling alright? .

Comment

FS, I'm surprised by this, but you have been expressing more optimism than I feel lately. From believing this fiasco will be a wake up call for people to think more critically, to having hope that the Dems won't somehow screw up what should be an easy victory over a vile bafoon of a president--are you feeling alright? .
                    lol, maybe I should go take a nap, something might be wrong with me : )
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You are arguing with the wrong fellow, JJ. I never claimed Trump won because of Russia, although I do think they helped spread discord and disinformation. But they merely fanned flames that were already there, and in any event, HRC totally dropped the damn ball. I will always resent her for it. She took the ball and the shot and then Bucknered it.
                      was this quote not you?

"I still think there is a there, there, but I always suspected Trump was cunning enough to cover his tracks"

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

On a little more serious note - shouldn't some people re-assess the strategy of "the resistance" ? So far anything that is negative about Trump has been accepted and promoted. Shouldn't people opposed to Trump focus on what is real and horrible about him rather than the easy choice of buying into rumors and anything negative that someone wants to say about him ? I sure hope whoever wins the Dem nomination focuses on policy and not all the other crap.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          was this quote not you?

"I still think there is a there, there, but I always suspected Trump was cunning enough to cover his tracks"
                          You seem to be conflating my unverified hunch that Trump did in fact collude in some way with the assertion you then makes about believing that collusion involved hacked voting machines, voter fraud, or even the idea that whatever strategies and ideas they shared actually affected the outcome of the election. One can collude and win without needing that collusion. If Trump did collude in some small way, which I think is totally in character for him, that does not mean he wouldn't have won without doing that. HRC burned bridges with Sanders voters, shunned states she should have wooed, all in an arrogant attempt to get a landslide victory. She ran a horrible campaign, never really knowing her enemy or understanding his strength or appeal.
                          Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-26-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

On a little more serious note - shouldn't some people re-assess the strategy of "the resistance" ? So far anything that is negative about Trump has been accepted and promoted. Shouldn't people opposed to Trump focus on what is real and horrible about him rather than the easy choice of buying into rumors and anything negative that someone wants to say about him ? I sure hope whoever wins the Dem nomination focuses on policy and not all the other crap.
                            Me too. Again, I don't see that agreement as mutually exclusive from, in the back of my mind, still thinking that at some level, Trump got and shared info with a foreign country because he thought it was in his best interest to do so. But that is clearly not provable, so there is no point on arguing or even talking about it now. Hell, I don't think there was much cause to talk about it for the last two years, which is why, despite my hunches, you will note an absence of me posting about Mueller or Russia. My TDS has been far more focused on other matters.

Comment

Me too. Again, I don't see that agreement as mutually explosive from, in the back of my mind still thinking that at some level, Trump got and shared info with a foreign country because he thought it was in his best interest to do so. But that is clearly not provable, so there is no point on arguing or even talking about it now. Hell, I don't think there was much cause to talk about it for the last two years, which is why, despite my hunches, you will note an absence of me posting about Mueller or Russia. My TDS has been far more focused on other matters.
                              I've got TDS but I'm managing it and living my life ! Sorry, just thought that was funny

Edit: there should be a SNL skit about TDS that is like one of the medication commercials
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I've got TDS but I'm managing it and living my life ! Sorry, just thought that was funny

Edit: there should be a SNL skit about TDS that is like one of the medication commercials
                                I'm shocked that hasn't already been a skit.

Comment

Working...
                                X