Robert Mueller investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I am not even remotely a Trump fan, but I would be very disappointed in whoever proffered such a deal. "Duly elected President, if you step down from your position, we will not prosecute your child... continue to serve the will of the people and we will send him to jail."
    That's mild compared to what has been going on.

It's ironic that Cohen's closing remarks talk of not having a peaceful transition of power. As if we had one in 2017.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      I think that's the deal Trump will look to push for, as the POTUS is his only leverage.

I believe that the powers that be will look to avoid large scale embarrassment, and putting Trump in jail would be a national disaster for the image of the US. They will look to allow him to ride off into the sunset any way possible. Giving up POTUS in exchange for immunity seems like his only deal to make. Does anybody see an alternative to him leaving? He's a wannabe dictator, he only leaves if he gets something for it.
      You've switched from trump stepping down to save his kid to stepping down to save himself. If there is proof of his wrong doing... it needs to come out, or there will be a constitutional crisis... he can't step down to hush it all.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        That's mild compared to what has been going on.

It's ironic that Cohen's closing remarks talk of not having a peaceful transition of power. As if we had one in 2017.

J
        I remember digging a foxhole and setting up landmines. The battle was fierce in my neighborhood
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          I think that's the deal Trump will look to push for, as the POTUS is his only leverage.

I believe that the powers that be will look to avoid large scale embarrassment, and putting Trump in jail would be a national disaster for the image of the US. They will look to allow him to ride off into the sunset any way possible. Giving up POTUS in exchange for immunity seems like his only deal to make. Does anybody see an alternative to him leaving? He's a wannabe dictator, he only leaves if he gets something for it.
          So pushing the narrative that Trump is a puppet of Vladimir Putin - is that part of the same strategy of avoiding large scale embarrassment ? And I don't have much fears that he will try to hold onto power when he is impeached or voted out. He can't do that by himself and i have a hard time believing many of the powerful people who could make that happen are going to risk everything for Trump.
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            I remember digging a foxhole and setting up landmines. The battle was fierce in my neighborhood
            It has been non-stop fighting. Starting with impeachment talk was serious enough, but a special prosecutor is one of the big guns. Making him fully partisan was a particularly cheap trick.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              It has been non-stop fighting. Starting with impeachment talk was serious enough, but a special prosecutor is one of the big guns. Making him fully partisan was a particularly cheap trick.

J
              LOL, what? You do realize that Mueller was appointed by Rod Rosenstein and no one else, correct? Last I checked, Rosenstein was a Dumpy appointee. Oh wait, lemme guess -- Dumpy had no idea Rosenstein would actually do the right thing and not be a blindly loyal lackey.

Comment

From all accounts I've read, Mueller has conducted a very credible investigation. I think fair-minded, sensible people will be able to trust in the validity of his findings, whatever they might be.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                  From all accounts I've read, Mueller has conducted a very credible investigation. I think fair-minded, sensible people will be able to trust in the validity of his findings, whatever they might be.
                  I agree, but I think whichever team ‘loses’ in the investigation will whine that he is either a lifelong Republican protecting Trump, or was out to get Trump from the start. His findings won’t move the needle for either camp even a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                    I agree, but I think whichever team ‘loses’ in the investigation will whine that he is either a lifelong Republican protecting Trump, or was out to get Trump from the start. His findings won’t move the needle for either camp even a little bit.
                    No doubt. The opinions of fair-minded, sensible people are the only ones that interest me. It's become pretty easy for me to ignore the rest.
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

No doubt. The opinions of fair-minded, sensible people are the only ones that interest me. It's become pretty easy for me to ignore the rest.
                      :clicksonlikebuttoneventhoughwedonthaveone:
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

The opinions of fair-minded, sensible people are the only ones that interest me.
                        So, what are you doing in here then?

Comment

So, what are you doing in here then?
                          I was trying to figure out if I should keep Jake Arrieta, and I took a wrong turn.
                          Last edited by senorsheep; 03-05-2019, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Well sir, we were going to this bingo parlor at the YMCA, well one thing led to another, and the instructions got all fouled up...

Comment

This +1
                              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                LOL, what? You do realize that Mueller was appointed by Rod Rosenstein and no one else, correct? Last I checked, Rosenstein was a Dumpy appointee. Oh wait, lemme guess -- Dumpy had no idea Rosenstein would actually do the right thing and not be a blindly loyal lackey.
                                You do know that Rosenstein is one of the signatures on the FISA applications, right? He's a partisan hack who tricked his newbie boss into stepping aside so he could play a dirty trick.

That's funny, since only one side is playing. If this wasn't out to get Trump, where is the investigation of Bill, Hillary and the Clinton Foundation's Russian connections? If this is about collusion with Russia, there are a number of clear ties to the Clinton campaign.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X