Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 265

Thread: Robert Mueller investigation

  1. #221
    All Star Hornsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of Darkness
    Posts
    9,571
    Quote Originally Posted by gcstomp View Post
    Reckon it would be swell if we could get basic agreement on non trivial, established baseline. Position of Justice is sitting President cannot be indicted. We dont disagree with that, right? We know Mueller did a 2 yr investigation, and it was not in his universe of possibility that Trump could be indicted, even if it was caught on video that President was doing illegal acts, repeatedly, knowingly, and flagrantly. How could we know that? Again, basic guideline, and we know well Justice position on sitting President.

    Mueller handed over his findings, some 400+ pages, as well as summaries that he had already prepped for public consumption, gave it all to Barr. Barr then took about a day, and issued his own non summary summary, ignored the for public summaries prepped by Mueller team, there was noise, Trump celebrated, and those who paid even basic attention, after all even the forward facing out in open obstruction like Holt interview where Trump expressly stated reason for firing Comey is concerning, never mind Trumps call to russia to hack our systems to get HRC, and on same day there was russian hacking, could go on but just the out in open what we know there exists more troubling info than what Barr expressed. Barr has now issued a couple memos trying to backtrack on his initial memo.

    The info was so misleading that the team of investigators that spent 2 years working on this expressed grave concern to their colleagues back in home offices, and thru these indirect mumblings we had first crack. Understand there were zero leaks during investigation, now that this has wrapped, you cant hope to contain this, and report will find its way to Congress and the Barr spin will be cleansed in the light of day, seen as either accurate, or misleading, or criminally wrong depending on whats in the actual report, which again, we have not seen. But for those who are saying its over, stop chasing rainbows, know how silly that is, as this hasnt been resolved in any way yet.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

    "Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by gcstomp View Post
    The info was so misleading that the team of investigators that spent 2 years working on this expressed grave concern to their colleagues back in home offices, and thru these indirect mumblings we had first crack. Understand there were zero leaks during investigation, now that this has wrapped, you cant hope to contain this, and report will find its way to Congress and the Barr spin will be cleansed in the light of day, seen as either accurate, or misleading, or criminally wrong depending on whats in the actual report, which again, we have not seen. But for those who are saying its over, stop chasing rainbows, know how silly that is, as this hasnt been resolved in any way yet.
    You were doing OK up to this point. Now you are in conspriacy land. Say hello to Rachel Maddow while you're there.

    The team had plenty of opportunity to say Barr was spinning things to far. They did not and still have not. What there has been are rumors from associates and few of those.

    J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

    Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

    GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

    Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

    I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

  3. #223
    There is a fairly long article on RCP about the testimony of Bill Priestap, the former Assistant Director of the FBI's Counterintelligence Division.
    https://www.realclearinvestigations....nd_spying.html

    The conclusion:

    In Summary…

    So what did we learn from Bill Priestap’s compendious and revealing testimony?
    • We learned that the FBI and Justice targeted and took action against Trump.
    • We learned that the FBI, according to Priestap, is incapable of securing a FISA warrant with information that isn’t credible, although the judge’s approval of the warrant means by definition that the information is credible.
    • We learned that the FBI believes political interference in an investigation can be proper as long as the bureau isn’t acting purely politically.
    • We learned that the FBI did send at least one asset to do to the Trump campaign an activity that even the bureau would call “spying” — if it were done by foreign operatives.
    • We learned that the origins of the Trump-Russia tale will never be fully understood until the part played by British intelligence is made clear.

    That’s an awful lot to take away from one largely neglected transcript. But it suggests just how much remains unknown about the Trump-Russia investigation while providing a glimpse at the people that want to keep it that way.

    When is surveillance spying?

    We will be getting a lot of verbiage in the coming weeks on that simple question. We will be discussing the question because it is well established that the FBI did extensive surveillance of the Trump campaign.

    One note. He misspeaks himself on the third point. Political interference can be proper so long as the interference is not purely political. If the Bureau was purely political all sort of alarms should be going off. Indeed, those alarms may be the point of AG Barr's comments.

    J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

    Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

    GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

    Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

    I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

  4. #224
    plaintive tweet by a journalist. I laughed


    Garrett M. Graff
    ‏Verified account @vermontgmg
    6h6 hours ago

    It's so depressing to realize how badly the media will screw up the Mueller Report release tomorrow. Advice for everyone talking about it: Go slow, be careful, use precise language, don't rush to speak. It's a big document and Mueller's team surely chose their words carefully.
    just kicked off my 36th year in same 12-team NL 5x5
    have stumbled out of the gate
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

    SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Roark 8, PLopez 1
    RP Jeffress 1, AMiller 14, Dominguez 10, Neshek
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B Descalso, 13 Belt 10, 2B Barnes 8, SS BCrawford 9, 2S EGonzalez 2-DL
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, KMarte 10, Dyson 8, NWilliams 2, UT Daza (minors)
    DL: SP Cueto 1, 3B TFrazier 2, OF Dickerson 17

  5. #225
    All Star Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belle Vernon
    Posts
    8,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    plaintive tweet by a journalist. I laughed


    Garrett M. Graff
    ‏Verified account @vermontgmg
    6h6 hours ago

    It's so depressing to realize how badly the media will screw up the Mueller Report release tomorrow. Advice for everyone talking about it: Go slow, be careful, use precise language, don't rush to speak. It's a big document and Mueller's team surely chose their words carefully.
    Trump needs to read this.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

  6. #226
    Hall of Famer B-Fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Montclair, NJ
    Posts
    47,415
    Trump appears to have his team's insubordination to thank for his avoidance of an obstruction of justice charge. If his people actually obeyed him, he'd have been totally screwed.

  7. #227
    Big Leaguer The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    Trump appears to have his team's insubordination to thank for his avoidance of an obstruction of justice charge. If his people actually obeyed him, he'd have been totally screwed.
    Well if the Dems can't label him a crook, at least they can say he is a poor and ineffective leader !

  8. #228
    Big Leaguer Kevin Seitzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,886
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    Trump appears to have his team's insubordination to thank for his avoidance of an obstruction of justice charge. If his people actually obeyed him, he'd have been totally screwed.
    In some part yes, but also to the DOJ position that they can't indict a sitting president. It sounds like they thought they have enough evidence but that it was ultimately up to Congress to decide what to do with that evidence. They couldn't clear him based on the evidence, and they had no ability to indict him.
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

  9. #229
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,347
    I fully expect Congress to now impeach him.
    Last edited by nots; 04-18-2019 at 02:38 PM.

  10. #230
    Big Leaguer The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    In some part yes, but also to the DOJ position that they can't indict a sitting president. It sounds like they thought they have enough evidence but that it was ultimately up to Congress to decide what to do with that evidence. They couldn't clear him based on the evidence, and they had no ability to indict him.
    So according to Barr anyway (as reported by Bloomberg), this did not play a part in Mueller's decision, at least related to obstruction.

    https://twitter.com/business/status/...4-18-2019.html

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •