No announcement yet.

Robert Mueller investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such histrionics from Sen. Hawley of Missouri. Yikes.

And Sen. Hirono from Hawaii — yowza. What a berating.

Comment

• Barr characterizing Mueller's letter as "snitty" was something else.

And I'm trying to think of any good reason for him to refuse to share the memo that memorialized the phone call he had with Mueller, other than that the memo wouldn't support Barr's characterization of the call.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• The text of the letter can be found here:

On March 27, the special counsel told Attorney General William Barr that his public description "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this Office's work and conclusions."
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Such histrionics from Sen. Hawley of Missouri. Yikes.

""Mr. Barr, now the American people know that you are no different from Rudy Giuliani or Kellyanne Conway or any of the other people who sacrificed their once decent reputation for the grifter and liar who sits in the Oval Office," Hirono said, referring to two of President Donald Trump's top media surrogates.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            ""Mr. Barr, now the American people know that you are no different from Rudy Giuliani or Kellyanne Conway or any of the other people who sacrificed their once decent reputation for the grifter and liar who sits in the Oval Office," Hirono said, referring to two of President Donald Trump's top media surrogates.
            Sounds highly partisan to me.

In general, since there are fewer and fewer right moderate leaning voices, I’m not hearing the same things others are. I guess many of us hear what we want to hear, me included. I’m no fan of Trump but this has morphed into something totally different than what was predicted for the last 22 months.
            Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 05-01-2019, 04:03 PM.
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Such histrionics from Sen. Hawley of Missouri. Yikes.

Depends on what lens you’re looking through. I would flip these around.
              Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 05-01-2019, 06:32 PM.
              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                Sounds highly partisan to me.

In general, since there are fewer and fewer right moderate leaning voices, I’m not hearing the same things others are. I guess many of us hear what we want to hear, me included. I no fan of Trump but this has morphed into something totally different than what was predicted for the last 22 months.
                She revealed herself during the Kavanaugh hearings.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  that's one of those comments that makes the commenter look as bad as the subject does. just because others wallow in mud doesn't mean Hirono had to.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Depends on what lens you’re looking through. I would flip these around.
                    I don’t think either were becoming. So no need.

Comment

I don’t think either were becoming. So no need.
                      I think the vast majority of the conduct on both sides is unbecoming.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I think the vast majority of the conduct on both sides is unbecoming.
                        Well the asshole in the Oval office has made that the NEW American way!
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Well the asshole in the Oval office has made that the NEW American way!
                          He most certainly has caused a significant amount of loss of decorum but it isn’t only in him. Did you watch the circus in the House this morning?

Ronald Reagan

Comment

He most certainly has caused a significant amount of loss of decorum but it isn’t only in him. Did you watch the circus in the House this morning?
                            No. I can't watch at work. I agree that it's not just him. But when the President is a petulant child who constantly lies and berates others, it's hard to not respond in a like way sometimes.

We all are guilty of doing that in our lives. Sinking to the lower level that another brings you down to.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• What's disheartening is how effective the petulant childishness is. I hope/believe that in the long run character matters more. But I agree with Mith that the temptation is always there to take the easier way and we all succumb to it at times.

Comment

• Loved the Congressman who showed up today with a ceramic Chicken statue and a bucket of KFC to taunt Barr for not showing up. That’ll show ‘em!

Comment

Working...
                                X