No announcement yet.

I voted today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most important election of your lifetime ... .

Comment

I voted last week as well! Love it!

Comment

Two weeks ago.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I had to wait for one person in front of me about 30 seconds. It was easy peasy and I like peas.

Comment

A established in a different thread elsewhere - I like Pickles!

It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I had to wait for one person in front of me about 30 seconds.
              sounds brutal. no wait for me AGAIN, and at 6 pm no less.

poll workers did tell me it's the biggest turnout they've ever seen - I imagine people lined up almost 4-5 deep before work this morning. that would be a record.

I don't like the idea of early voting (except for those with the usual legit reasons), because I promise you that in the next 10 years we will elect the "wrong person." By that I mean some info comes out in the final week - provable, accurate info - about a candidate who then only will win because of the increasingly huge number of early voters. and lots of people will kick themselves.

that said, I'd FAR sooner accept early voting than I would people having to wait even an hour to vote - much less far longer as in too many places.

if they can't fix the polling place issues, then early voting it is.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I vote in person because my polling place offers a beautiful assortment of baked goods to those that vote
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                X