2K19: Offseason Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19: Offseason Transaction Thread

MLB is now open for bidness. GM meetings start tomorrow, so the Hot Stove is warming up!

should probably put the Nats signing of Trevor Rosenthal in here (1 yr, $6M, rumored club option)
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      MLB is now open for bidness. GM meetings start tomorrow, so the Hot Stove is warming up!
      It can't be. Those aren't until November.

Oh. Wait...

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

First big trade of the hot stove season in the books:

Mariners trade Mike Zunino & Guillermo Heredia to the Rays for Mallex Smith and a low-level MLer

I'd assume Smith moves into CF, Gordon moves back to 2B, and Cano moves to DH.

Comment

Mariners trade Mike Zunino & Guillermo Heredia to the Rays for Mallex Smith and a low-level MLer

Cano at 2B if last year's defense is any judge.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I love it for the Mariners. Added to the swap, M's 2018 4th rd pitcher, Michael Plassmeyer, who debuted with a 44-4 K/BB in 24 IP in low-A ball... for Jake Fraley, 23 yr old OF who crushed Hi-A for 1/2 the season.

Also, I'm thrilled Mallex's SB stay in the AL, and his production should go way up moving to the top of the M's batting order. Mallex only started 46 games at lead off, the rest were 6th to 9th. His production leading off is through the roof. 65 SB pace, 100+ runs. I'm all in. I own him at $16 in 12tm AL, and waffle over extending to $21 for the extra year.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Pirates acquired RHP Dante Mendoza, INF Erik Gonzalez, and RHP Tahnaj Thomas from the Indians for OF Jordan Luplow and INF Max Moroff.

Comment

Red Sox re-sign World Series MVP Steve Pearce for one year at $6.25 million.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Red Sox re-sign World Series MVP Steve Pearce for one year at $6.25 million.
                  great signing
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Blue Jays trade Aledmys Diaz to the Astros for ML pitcher Trent Thornton

Comment

Blue Jays trade Aledmys Diaz to the Astros for ML pitcher Trent Thornton
                      I guess for utility IF? I don't know if Marwin is a FA at this point, otherwise it doesn't make a ton of sense to me other than to get a decent ML bat for next to nothing.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        I guess for utility IF? I don't know if Marwin is a FA at this point, otherwise it doesn't make a ton of sense to me other than to get a decent ML bat for next to nothing.
                        Marwin is a FA.
                        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Smith can "play" center field. He takes terrible routes and makes bad decisions with his arm, but this should help his fantasy value as he won't sit very often.

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                            Marwin is a FA.
                            Makes sense...he'd be a good signing for a lot of teams.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Some DFAs:
                              CJ Cron
                              Derek Dietrich
                              Cory Spangenberg

Padres sell the contract of Christian Villanueva to the Japanese League

Comment

Working...
                              X