2K19: Offseason Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jays sign Matt Shoemaker, major league deal ... financial details to come

edit: 1 year, $3.5M, but interestingly under team control thru 2020 as he's still arb-eligible
    Last edited by TranaGreg; 12-28-2018, 11:03 AM.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Angels sign Jonathan Lucroy for 1 year, $3.35 million
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mariners to sign Kikuchi

Comment

• The Yankees sign Troy Tulowitzki for 1 year at the Major League minimum, pending a physical. The Blue Jays still have to pay the balance of his $20 million salary for 2019.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Blue Jays traded for Clayton Richard, who goes from mildly interesting in SD to toxic in TOR.

Comment

• David Robertson to the Phillies for 2 years, $23m. Their new closer, I presume?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                David Robertson to the Phillies for 2 years, $23m. Their new closer, I presume?
                According to Rotoworld, it will be a committee. Robertson won't be the sole closer.

Comment

• Yasmani Grandal to the Brewers on a one year deal. Talk about a misplayed hand. He shlould fire his agent immediately.

Comment

Yasmani Grandal to the Brewers on a one year deal. Talk about a misplayed hand. He should fire his agent immediately.
                    Wow, yeah, I mean, it could work out for him if he has a monster year, and this is a good spot for him to try that--great park and line up. But man, I don't see turning down 4 years and 60 mil if I'm his level of player. Sure, one can blame the agent, and he should. and he should totally fire the guy. But ultimately, he has to be captain of his own ship. He made the final call and he must be feeling pretty shitty about it right now. or super motivated to prove everyone wrong. He sure has a lot riding on a great 2019. I'm actually talking myself into targeting him as I type.

Comment

• Brian Dozier to the Nats on a 1-year deal
                      Tim Beckham to the Mariners

Comment

• Mets sign Jed Lowrie to a 2 year deal

Comment

Mets sign Jed Lowrie to a 2 year deal
                          For what reason, exactly? Cano plays 1B and blocks Peter Alonso? Lowrie plays 3B and blocks Jeff McNeil? Todd Frazier is a very expensive pinch hitter?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            For what reason, exactly? Cano plays 1B and blocks Peter Alonso? Lowrie plays 3B and blocks Jeff McNeil? Todd Frazier is a very expensive pinch hitter?
                            Sounds like they're going to play him at 1B, 2B & 3B, so I think he would impede on Alonso and McNeil the most.

Comment

Sounds like they're going to play him at 1B, 2B & 3B, so I think he would impede on Alonso and McNeil the most.
                              Is he gonna be an every day player for them? I have him cheap and I'm not happy about this signing, as it seems he is gonna be a utility player who may eventually drop playing time when Alonso is ready.

Comment

• Lowrie signing is the first one under Brodie’s regime where I scratched my head. The rest were so clearly appealing to me. Is he planning to trade McNeil? Is Lowrie just insurance in case 1) Cano is hurt; 2) Peter Alonso isn’t ready; or 3) McNeil isn’t enough to unseat Frazier at 3B? Useful insurance but seems expensive for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X