2K19: Offseason Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    You're right, but the market for EE has got to be really thin : how many AL teams that aren't rebuilding don't have a half decent option at DH already ... maybe the rays but that ship likely sailed when the trade was first made... maybe the twins... I don't really see any other matches
    I don't see the Twins doing this because they already have options at DH, crappy options, but options. Although I have NO idea what they're going to spend on, they're already almost 40 million below last years payroll, and they seem to have no interest in any of the top twenty guys left. Typically, they'll hunt the scrap pile for relievers and maybe utility guys, but they're counting on Sano and Buxton to come back and be difference makers. I think that someone like Robertson would be a nice signing, adds a closer and depth to a shaky bullpen, but I doubt they'll make a move such as that.

I know that they're hot for Nelson Cruz, but they probably won't pony up for him either...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      I don't see the Twins doing this because they already have options at DH, crappy options, but options. Although I have NO idea what they're going to spend on, they're already almost 40 million below last years payroll, and they seem to have no interest in any of the top twenty guys left. Typically, they'll hunt the scrap pile for relievers and maybe utility guys, but they're counting on Sano and Buxton to come back and be difference makers. I think that someone like Robertson would be a nice signing, adds a closer and depth to a shaky bullpen, but I doubt they'll make a move such as that.

I know that they're hot for Nelson Cruz, but they probably won't pony up for him either...
      not surprising.

I don't see anyone giving up more than a cold sandwich for EE at this point (and they'd still probably have to throw in a few mil).
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

A's sign Mike Fiers to two years $14m-15M.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has posted more about the three-way Jurickson Profar trade. Fangraphs did an article.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            I'm surprised no one has posted more about the three-way Jurickson Profar trade. Fangraphs did an article.

J

See post 76- your 3 pages late

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
              See post 76- your 3 pages late
              Saw that but there was little discussion. Hence the "more" in the statement.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I'm happy Profar finally has a chance at a stable, regular MIF job. He has had a long, windy road. But he has always pissed the skills to he a very good player.

Comment

Pissed?

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    Pissed?

J
                    Very skilled at the pee in the bottle testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Pissed?

J
                      Typo.

Comment

• Nelson Cruz to the Twins, 1 year, $14.3M, club option on 2020.

edit: if Tampa has any interest in EE they pretty much have no competition now ...
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Minnesota Twins sign Nelson Cruz to a 1 year deal worth 14.3 million...one year option for 2020.

Decent signing for the Twins, could edge into the good signing category if he can mentor some of the younger players who've been erratic so far.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Minnesota Twins sign Nelson Cruz to a 1 year deal worth 14.3 million...one year option for 2020.

Decent signing for the Twins, could edge into the good signing category if he can mentor some of the younger players who've been erratic so far.
                            Dare I say the Twins have a potentially dangerous offense? Cruz is their 3rd 30-HR bat they've added this off-season. If they can either keep it up, or in Schoop's case, get back there, and get Buxton & Sano back up to speed, they could be one of the better offenses in the AL.

Comment

• Anibal Sanchez to the Nats as their #4 starter - 2 years, $19M with a club option at $12; nice deal for someone who seemed washed up just a year ago

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Dare I say the Twins have a potentially dangerous offense? Cruz is their 3rd 30-HR bat they've added this off-season. If they can either keep it up, or in Schoop's case, get back there, and get Buxton & Sano back up to speed, they could be one of the better offenses in the AL.
                                I like what they've done so far, but they really need to address the bullpen, IMO. Reed needs to bounce back and May needs to keep progressing, everyone else is a question mark. The starting rotation, surprisingly, could be a strength, if Pineda is in form.

Cautiously optimistic is the way that I'd put it...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X