X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    Yep, I mistyped.

Comment

• Perfect place for Pollock to sign. He has to ge a happy guy right now.

Comment

• Jays sign Freddy Galvis to a 1 yr, $5M contract. I wonder if this means the end of Devon Travis in Toronto (moving Gurriel to 2B, which some have said is his more natural position).
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          Jays sign Freddy Galvis to a 1 yr, $5M contract. I wonder if this means the end of Devon Travis in Toronto (moving Gurriel to 2B, which some have said is his more natural position).
          And what about Brandon Drury?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            And what about Brandon Drury?
            He'll play 3rd for April, then get traded for a bagel with lox to the yankees (Tulo should have hit the DL by then)
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Diamondbacks sign Greg Holland for 1 year, $3.5 million.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Diamondbacks sign Greg Holland for 1 year, $3.5 million.
                Hmmm. He could close. Box is a free agent and they seem to prefer Bradley in the fireman role.

Comment

• The Tigers sign 2B Josh Harrison to a one-year deal. I guess that makes Niko Goodrum the super-utility guy now. Harrison is reunited with his former Pirates double-play partner SS Jordy Mercer.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Marwin to the Twins, 2yr, $21M

The Twins are sure having an interesting off-season

Comment

Marwin to the Twins, 2yr, $21M

Where does he play? His normal Super-Utility role?

Comment

I'd think so ... I don't see a natural spot for him, but I bet he still gets 400-450+ ABs (for that money they'll find him the ABs)

Comment

I think this might also indicate they're not optimistic about Sano. But realistically, between Schoop, Cron and Sano, and Buxton's injury prone-ness, I think they'll find the ABs.

Comment

Marwin to the Twins, 2yr, $21M

I really like this signing...Marwin can play plus defense at a few positions, and at least average D at several others. Solid hitter as well...I kind of like what the Twins are doing, and with the Indians doing absolutely nothing, the AL Central is suddenly open if the pitching holds up for the Twins.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• This is a great move for the Twins. No team avoids injuries all year, and if you are trying to win now, this is what you want. And for a minimal commitment. I would have wanted my Braves to sign him at that price except we already have Camargo to do more or less the exact same thing.

Comment

• The Mets sign OF Carlos Gomez to a minor league contract.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X