Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Tate to Philly

for a 3rd round pick

But Amari Cooper was worth a first rounder? strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Agreed. Dallas badly misread the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Desperation shows its ugly face in many ways.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Agreed. Dallas badly misread the market.
          Not a fan of the Dallas trade, but in truth this is apples and Oranges.

Golden Tate is 30 years old and he'll be a free agent after 8 more games.
          Amari Cooper is 24 years old and he still has a full season on his contract after this year. And I would bet that Dallas signs him to a long term contract (they typically sign their own over free agents). Doubtful that they would want to do that with a 30 year old.

The NFL is a young man's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Not a fan of the Dallas trade, but in truth this is apples and Oranges.

Golden Tate is 30 years old and he'll be a free agent after 8 more games.
            Amari Cooper is 24 years old and he still has a full season on his contract after this year. And I would bet that Dallas signs him to a long term contract (they typically sign their own over free agents). Doubtful that they would want to do that with a 30 year old.

The NFL is a young man's game.
            Maybe so, but Oakland exercised their 2019 option on Cooper so Dallas is on the hook for $14.5m for next year, which would place Cooper's contract as the 6th highest among WRs. Is he worth that? I don't know, but from what I've seen of him recently, he looks slow and not the same guy he was his first two seasons.

Some youngish WRs on the market next year include Quincy Enunwa, Tyrell Williams, Kelvin Benjamin, Devin Funchess & Donte Moncrief. Now those aren't Amari Cooper, but if the Cowboys wanted, they could sign Tate and Benjamin for what it would cost them for Cooper next year.

Comment

Maybe so, but Oakland exercised their 2019 option on Cooper so Dallas is on the hook for $14.5m for next year, which would place Cooper's contract as the 6th highest among WRs. Is he worth that? I don't know, but from what I've seen of him recently, he looks slow and not the same guy he was his first two seasons.

Some youngish WRs on the market next year include Quincy Enunwa, Tyrell Williams, Kelvin Benjamin, Devin Funchess & Donte Moncrief. Now those aren't Amari Cooper, but if the Cowboys wanted, they could sign Tate and Benjamin for what it would cost them for Cooper next year.
              Cowboys are looking at it as a long term deal. They can tear up the $14.5m extension and sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal. The key is the age. He's just 24 years old, there's no reason to believe he's truly slowing down. I suspect there's a lot more going on in Oakland than we know about.

Comment

Cowboys are looking at it as a long term deal. They can tear up the $14.5m extension and sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal. The key is the age. He's just 24 years old, there's no reason to believe he's truly slowing down. I suspect there's a lot more going on in Oakland than we know about.
                Oh, Oakland is a train wreck, no doubt about it. There, I agree. But that he's slowed down is easily shown, too. Whether that speed loss is reversible or not at age 24 is the primary question, IMO.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Oh, Oakland is a train wreck, no doubt about it. There, I agree. But that he's slowed down is easily shown, too. Whether that speed loss is reversible or not at age 24 is the primary question, IMO.
                  How is the speed loss easily shown? Genuinely interest in a link to a resource that shows that, because I've heard it anecdotally but haven't seen anything objective.

If true, it's odd that he's getting so much separation:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...iders-2018-nfl

Cooper has been targeted only 32 times this season, but he has averaged 3.4 yards of separation on throws 6 or more yards downfield, which is the best rate in the league. Over the past three seasons, Cooper ranks 16th in average separation at target among receivers with 200 or more targets, alongside wideouts such as Davante Adams, Stefon Diggs, Odell Beckham Jr., Adam Thielen and Antonio Brown.

Comment

How is the speed loss easily shown? Genuinely interest in a link to a resource that shows that, because I've heard it anecdotally but haven't seen anything objective.

If true, it's odd that he's getting so much separation:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...iders-2018-nfl
                    Chance! Never heard back on Amari Cooper. Not picking a fight here, I'm genuinely interested in the data.

Last week's game was ridiculously good for Cooper and the main thing I'm noticing is how great of a route runner Cooper is. He's consistently getting separation, something Dallas has not seen recently with their WR group.

At minimum, Cooper has made Dallas relevant again, and I suspect Jones already recouped a 1st round pick worth of value from that trade just considering jersey and other merch sales. (This coming from someone who did not like the trade for Dallas when it was made)

Comment

Cooper looks a LOT better and faster than he did last season with Oakland. He took off a lot of the weight that apparently made him slower.

Comment

Cooper looks a LOT better and faster than he did last season with Oakland. He took off a lot of the weight that apparently made him slower.
                        That's fair.

I wonder why it didn't play out early in the season in OAK. I guess that just goes back to the trainwreck Raiders of 2018.

Comment

Working...
                        X