No announcement yet.

Anti-vaxxers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-medical exemptions need to be eliminated. Public health outweighs personal loony beliefs.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Non-medical exemptions need to be eliminated. Public health outweighs personal loony beliefs.
      100% this
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Fucking Republicans

Public-health officials say three bills passed by an Arizona House committee Thursday could erode vaccine coverage among schoolchildren.

Disregarding warnings by public health officials, an Arizona legislative panel on Thursday endorsed three bills that critics say will erode immunization coverage among Arizona schoolchildren.

The House Health and Human Services Committee approved all three bills in contentious 5-4 votes that were split along party lines, with Republicans favoring the measures and Democrats voting in opposition.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Hopefully this isn't real or else she should be getting a lengthy prison term.

- Terence McKenna

Comment

Hopefully this isn't real or else she should be getting a lengthy prison term.

https://www.aol.com/amp/2019/11/01/a...ops-halloween/
              Seems fake to me. Hope so.

Comment

you tell me:

"Walker claims to be a registered nurse at the "Royal Children’s Hospital, Brisbane" on her Facebook page. However, Queensland Health, the parent company of The Royal Children's Hospital — which is actually located in Melbourne, not Brisbane — confirmed that she was never employed at any of its medical facilities.

"There are no current or former employees by that name that have worked for Queensland Health as a registered nurse," a spokesperson wrote on Facebook."
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  you tell me:

"Walker claims to be a registered nurse at the "Royal Children’s Hospital, Brisbane" on her Facebook page. However, Queensland Health, the parent company of The Royal Children's Hospital — which is actually located in Melbourne, not Brisbane — confirmed that she was never employed at any of its medical facilities.

"There are no current or former employees by that name that have worked for Queensland Health as a registered nurse," a spokesperson wrote on Facebook."
                  That isn't why it seems fake to me. If it were real, I'd assume the person would use fake information not to get caught. It seems fake to me, because it reads like someone parodying anti-vaxxers in a Jonathan Swift way--taking their logic to a horrific extreme to show how flawed it is. Even someone who thinks that way understands how disturbing such an idea is, and only someone truly deranged would do that is, and even that sort of person wouldn't proudly write a post list this.

Comment

Ugh, sickening.

- Terence McKenna

Comment

Sickening is right.

I'm a moderator for a local "Mommies and Daddies" Facebook group and any time parents try to get medical advice or otherwise invite the "hive mind" of the group to second guess their pediatrician we try to jump in and shut that down. If you don't trust your pediatrician, find a different pediatrician you can trust, but do not ever base your medical decisions about your children on random advice from people on social media.

Comment

Flu shots are different from other vaccinations, and I would stay away from labeling someone who doesn't believe in annual flu shots as an anti-vaxxer.

People should be free to decide whether they get flu shots or not, I think.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                          Flu shots are different from other vaccinations, and I would stay away from labeling someone who doesn't believe in annual flu shots as an anti-vaxxer.

People should be free to decide whether they get flu shots or not, I think.
                          This wasn't about a flu shot, it was about treating a baby with flu. And crowdsourcing medical treatment advice for a sick child on Facebook - particularly from a herd of medicine/science doubters - is just awful.

This has nothing to do with anyone's adult decision to get a flu shot or not.

Comment

Here's the deets:

One recent post came from the mother of a 4-year-old Colorado boy who died from the flu this week. In it, she consulted group members while noting that she had declined to fill a prescription written by a doctor.

The child had not been diagnosed yet, but he was running a fever and had a seizure, the mother wrote. She added that two of her four children had been diagnosed with the flu and that the doctor had prescribed the antiviral Tamiflu for everyone in the household.

“The doc prescribed tamiflu I did not pick it up,” she wrote.

Tamiflu is the most common antiviral medication prescribed to treat the flu. The drug can ease symptoms and shorten the length of illness, but concerns about side effects are common even outside anti-vaccination echo chambers. The flu has hit children particularly hard this season. Pediatric hospitalization rates are higher than normal, and 68 children have died, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
                            If your child is sick and you see the doctor and the doctor prescribes medicine and then you decline to give the medicine to your child while instead seeking advice from parents in an anti-vax group … ugh, I just don't see how anyone can defend that. I'm shaking as a parent.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                              This wasn't about a flu shot, it was about treating a baby with flu. And crowdsourcing medical treatment advice for a sick child on Facebook - particularly from a herd of medicine/science doubters - is just awful.

This has nothing to do with anyone's adult decision to get a flu shot or not.
                              The article does a poor job of differentiating, as it mentions both her refusal to vaccinate as well as her refusal to fill a prescription. I thought I would point out the danger in lumping these actions together.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

A study by the American Academy of Family Physicians found that 59 percent of parents said their child had missed the flu shot at least once due to “misinformation or misunderstanding.”

[...]

The mother’s recent posts have now been deleted from Stop Mandatory Vaccination, but in group posts going back to 2017 she said she had not vaccinated her children from the flu.
                                See what I take issue with?

Comment

Working...
                                X