Anti-vaxxers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Public health vastly outweighs personal religious/anti-science beliefs IMO.
    And I would agree with you. My point about the slippery slope being what does substantially mean? To keep in it in the health realm, do we force everyone to get the flu shot?
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      And I would agree with you. My point about the slippery slope being what does substantially mean? To keep in it in the health realm, do we force everyone to get the flu shot?
      The flu shot is very ineffective relative to other vaccines and must be done annually so it would be very difficult to argue everyone should be required to get it.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

just out of curiosity, when there are diseases there will always be people that develop natural immunity no matter what. there are even people that even if they have HIV will never develop AIDS. so wouldn't it be better for the long term welfare of society to not get immunized and let all the other people die?

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          And everyone here agrees that borders should not be open. Yet, here we are.
          No they don't. Far from it.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            No they don't. Far from it.

J
            Was that posted by another RJ member?
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              And everyone here agrees that borders should not be open. Yet, here we are.
              I think that borders should be open, and if you come here and spend 10 years paying taxes and don't commit a crime, you should become a naturalized citizen. I also believe that we should get the US over 400M people and that if your state has less than 3M people in it, you should only get 1 senator.
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                I think that borders should be open, and if you come here and spend 10 years paying taxes and don't commit a crime, you should become a naturalized citizen. I also believe that we should get the US over 400M people and that if your state has less than 3M people in it, you should only get 1 senator.
                1. Completely open borders would be a disaster for this or any affluent country (and many poor ones too). 2. I agree that there should be an easier path to citizenship for those we do allow to come and live in the country, and they show themselves to be good, productive members of society. 3. If you made borders completely open to all, you'd get your 400 million population within 5 years, I'd guesstimate, and it would keep going up from there (would your plan be to close them at that point, or just keeping going?). 4. I agree--I think the population differences have become far more lopsided than anticipated, and it is really unfair, if we consider ourselves one country, for a person in Wyoming or Montana or Alaska to have their votes and voices matter as much as scores of people in California or Florida, or New York or Texas.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-08-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Was that posted by another RJ member?
                  Do you live in the Bay area? It's a long drive from Fresno.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    Do you live in the Bay area? It's a long drive from Fresno.

J
                    I'm assuming this is some crack towards me. I see a significant difference between "open borders" and "no borders". I want more people in the US, coming here is not the mark of someone lazy, especially if they are coming here for economic opportunity for themselves and their children. The US is powerful because of immigration, not despite it. We have a huge domestic marketplace.
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      I'm assuming this is some crack towards me. I see a significant difference between "open borders" and "no borders". I want more people in the US, coming here is not the mark of someone lazy, especially if they are coming here for economic opportunity for themselves and their children. The US is powerful because of immigration, not despite it. We have a huge domestic marketplace.
                      No. It was not directed at you.

For the record, I believe in open borders so long as we know who comes and goes. That, unfortunately, is not compatible with the position of the Democratic party.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

The MMR vaccination rate in London has dropped from 98 to 89% in the past two years.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

The MMR vaccination rate in London has dropped from 98 to 89% in the past two years.
                          Maybe this is the solution to the fermi paradox we are talking about in another thread. Maybe once a species gets to a certain level of intelligence, we hit a wall and start to devolve. We start to question long established truths like the shape of the planet, and well established best medical practices like vaccination. Maybe there is a ceiling on the intelligence of a specie and we've peaked. All down hill from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Maybe this is the solution to the fermi paradox we are talking about in another thread. Maybe once a species gets to a certain level of intelligence, we hit a wall and start to devolve. We start to question long established truths like the shape of the planet, and well established best medical practices like vaccination. Maybe there is a ceiling on the intelligence of a specie and we've peaked. All down hill from here.
                            Not sure if I first read about the theory here on RJ but yes the likelihood of us encountering intelligent life is virtually nil because there is such a short window between intelligent life forming and annihilating itself.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

During an outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo, "as rumors surface, communications experts rebut them with accurate information via WhatsApp or local radio."
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

didn't see this coming ...

An anti-vaccination ‘hotspot’ near Portland declares an emergency over measles outbreak

A quickly escalating measles outbreak around Portland, Ore., has led health officials in nearby Clark County, Wash., to declare a public health emergency as they warn that people infected with the highly contagious virus since the beginning of the year have visited schools and churches, a dentist’s office, an Amazon locker pickup station, a Costco, and an Ikea.
                                The latest update came Tuesday, when county officials said they had confirmed 23 cases and were investigating two more suspected cases. The vast majority of those who have fallen ill had not been immunized.
                                Of the confirmed cases, 18 patients are between the ages of 1 to 10 years old.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X