• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19 Offseason Rumor Thread

Boras already claiming he has a deal in place for Bryce

Originally posted by revo View Post
    If the Washington Post is to believed (and IMHO, Chelsea Janes seems good at her job), not so fast.

Chelsea Janes @chelsea_janes

Guys. Boras was kidding. I even checked on it for you just in case. He was kidding. Look. Beyond. Headlines.

7:57 PM - 28 Oct 2018

(Although, full disclosure, I freaked out about that interview, too. Twice...Hard...Even after listening dozens of times and feeling totally sure...BUT STILL, don’t be the headline-only guy. It’s bad for your/my/our stress levels.)

8:31 PM - 28 Oct 2018

Comment

unless that deal is with washington, I think it would be tampering

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        unless that deal is with washington, I think it would be tampering
        Agreed. But I'm sure that was not what caused the backpedaling, no, of course not.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post

Guys. Boras was kidding. I even checked on it for you just in case. He was kidding. Look. Beyond. Headlines.

7:57 PM - 28 Oct 2018
          Haha! Good one Scott!
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

For those looking for keys dates this off-season (courtesy of MLBTradeRumors):

Oct. 29: Commencement of a five-day, exclusive negotiation window that teams have with their own free agents
            Oct. 31: Deadline for players with opt-out clauses (most notably, Clayton Kershaw) to exercise those provisions.
            Nov. 3: The deadline for MLB clubs to formally issue one-year qualifying offers (valued at $17.9MM this offseason) to free agents is 5:00pm ET. Those players will have 10 days to weigh the offers and can negotiate with other clubs during that 10-day window. After that 5pm deadline, all free agents are eligible to begin negotiating with other teams.
            Nov. 6-8: General Managers’ meetings in Carlsbad, CA
            Nov. 13: Deadline for players to accept or reject qualifying offers.
            Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to set their 40-man rosters in advance of the Rule 5 Draft.
            Nov. 30: Deadline to tender contracts to arbitration-eligible players.
            Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas.
            Dec. 13: Rule 5 draft takes place on the final day of the Winter Meetings.
            Jan. 11: Arbitration exchange day — the date on which teams and players must exchange filing numbers for arbitration. Hearings, if necessary, typically begin in early February.
            March 28, 2019: Opening Day! Baseball is back.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Nathan Eovaldi just made a shit-ton of money for himself this offseason. I think his floor is a 4-yr, $60m deal, but a bidding war could up that considerably.

Comment

Nathan Eovaldi just made a shit-ton of money for himself this offseason. I think his floor is a 4-yr, $60m deal, but a bidding war could up that considerably.
                I think you're right considering that's what Alex Cobb got. But I don't see him getting much more than that, maybe 4/75. Then again, if someone is willing to look past the injury history and focus solely on his upside (which is still immense), who knows. I have to think the Red Sox and Yankees are the front-runners.

Comment

really? he has a shit-ton of injuries and just one 200 inning season (not even 200, 199 but I am rounding up haha)

not my money but hard to commit 4 years to this guy

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    really? he has a shit-ton of injuries and just one 200 inning season (not even 200, 199 but I am rounding up haha)

not my money but hard to commit 4 years to this guy
                    Supply & demand, my friend. The market for SP is thin. And even with his injury history, he had a very good season in the tough AL East and had a killer post-season. And he's only 28.

Comment

Eovaldi is going to get paid. Would love to see him back in Boston but I doubt he takes a discount. Never know though.
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

White Sox are interested in signing both Machado and Harper. They have the money to pull it off.

It is also reported that the Cubs are leaning to not making a run at Harper. Not a good market strategy!

Comment

Just reading thru some of the blogs - it seems that this off-season may be really interesting. Some teams that haven't been too active in the FA market are starting to make noise - the White Sox, the Mets, heck I just read that the Twins have exactly $0 committed beyond 2019, & the Rays have cash. Plus all the big teams have needs (Dodgers, Yanks, Angels pretty much need a whole team, even the Red Sox have a couple of needs). Should be an interesting off-season with some crazy numbers being landed at.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            White Sox are interested in signing both Machado and Harper. They have the money to pull it off.

It is also reported that the Cubs are leaning to not making a run at Harper. Not a good market strategy!
                            Apparently the White Sox are going to be in on every free agent this year. Today they are linked to Corbin and Nelson Cruz.

Comment

Rotoworld saying Mike Zunino & Guillermo Heredia for Mallex Smith is close

Comment

Working...
                              X