X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VD12 Poll #2 - KO's

Include 4 Knock Out picks in VD12?

This is the rule you are voting on (from VD6*):

16a. VD6 will permit 4 Knock Out (KO) picks per person between the Rounds 6 and 13 (inclusive). Any player can be KO'd, except from the following letters: QUIZ ENVY.

Yes or No?
    Yes to KO's
    0%
    No to KO's
    0%

Sorry to be that guy. Whats a knock out pick exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Basically you pick a player, except he isn't added to your roster, but no one else can draft him. It allows you to eliminate a good player that you might not be able to roster since you can only have one player per letter. So if you draft Willie Mays, you could not draft Mantle, but you could KO Mantle so no one could get him.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Like Feral said ... between rounds 6 and 13 (as per VD6) you can select 4 players to eliminate from the draft.

So for example, it's Round 7, you just picked Mordecai Brown. Your B is gone. Because we are in the KO window (R6-13), you have the option to also eliminate a player from the player pool (up to 4 players can be KO'd) ... but only 1 per pick.

So you choose to double down on your B and weaken the B pool a little for everyone else ... so you KO Tommy Bond:

7.05 Mordecai Brown - P - 1910 (KO Tommy Bond)

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Like Feral said ... between rounds 6 and 13 (as per VD6) you can select 4 players to eliminate from the draft.

So for example, it's Round 7, you just picked Mordecai Brown. Your B is gone. Because we are in the KO window (R6-13), you have the option to also eliminate a player from the player pool (up to 4 players can be KO'd) ... but only 1 per pick.

So you choose to double down on your B and weaken the B pool a little for everyone else ... so you KO Tommy Bond:

7.05 Mordecai Brown - P - 1910 (KO Tommy Bond)
          4 players TOTAL or 4 players can be KOd by each person who is participating?

Comment

4 players TOTAL or 4 players can be KOd by each person who is participating?
            4 Ko's per person ... check out the VD6 Draft and History thread to see how it works.

http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...read-***/page2

The history thread has all the KO's logged.

Comment

I guess my question here is should we add Knockouts since we have Some first time players?

Comment

Personally, I don't think it makes a difference. KOs are pretty basic IMO. It's like 4 more players per team, and QUIZ ENVY are excluded, so it barely effects the player pool.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  Personally, I don't think it makes a difference. KOs are pretty basic IMO. It's like 4 more players per team, and QUIZ ENVY are excluded, so it barely effects the player pool.
                  Yeah, I don't think they add much difficulty and they give everyone a few more strategic options
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Yeah, I don't think they add much difficulty and they give everyone a few more strategic options
                    Yeah ... targeting KS's free letters to even the playing field!

Comment

Working...
                    X