No announcement yet.

Rate my NBA fantasy team coming out of the draft auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man the Memphis rotation tonight looks like a death blow to Kyle Anderson. How can they play BOTH Chandler Parsons and Garrett Temple over Anderson? Can't panic, but bleccccchhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Man the Memphis rotation tonight looks like a death blow to Kyle Anderson. How can they play BOTH Chandler Parsons and Garrett Temple over Anderson? Can't panic, but bleccccchhhhh
      Yes, that was frustrating. Thankfully, I had great starts from Osman and Randle to dull the blow.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        as a Bulls fan - I don't think they'll start Portis over Jabari Parker, Portis loves being the designated scorer on the second team, but when Parker and LaVine and Markkanen and Dunn and Carter are all on the floor that's a lot of guys who want the ball in their hands. I think something will have to change and I have no idea what it'll be.

also, https://www.blogabull.com/2018/10/17...-chicago-bulls
        care to rethink that?

Comment

Yeah, I'm worried about Jabari Parker and Kyle Anderson. I'm excited about Osman and Hart. I'm both excited and worried (plantar fasciitis?) about Randle. But I'm also worried about reading way too much into miniscule sample sizes.

Comment

someone just panic dropped Markkanen in my league so I have a claim in to panic drop Anderson. Im third in the order. I can totally wait a few weeks with a dead bench spot for Markkanen

Comment

Nice break for Jabari Parker, who is now essentially the only PF on Chicago for the next several weeks. We'll see what he can do with it.

Comment

5-0 raptors

out: DD, soft playoffs

in: defensive greatness leonard

in: defensive strength green

Is it too early to think they are going to win more games than last season's regular season raptors (59) and playoff raptors (0)?

I'm already a believer this team is going to the conference finals with a very good chance of nba championship finals

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  First the team, then the story. It's a 12-team, 8-category (no turnovers) roto league, with $200 auction budget for 10 starters (2C, 4F, FG) and 6 bench players. Here's my squad (no keepers for me this year):

G J.Harden 56
                  G J.Butler 30
                  G B.Beal 29
                  G J.Lamb 1
                  F J.Randle 11
                  F K.Anderson 7
                  F J.Parker 6
                  F C.Osman 2
                  C D.Ayton 37
                  C J.Valanciunas 15

Bench: P.Siakam, F.VanVleet, M.Harkless, W.Hernangomez, N.Bjelica, J.Hart (all $1)
                  Figured I'd provide a New Year's update for anyone interested in fantasy hoops. I'm sitting in 3rd place out of 12, one point out of 2nd and 9 points out of 1st. Here's my team as of today:

G J.Harden 56
                  G J.Butler 30
                  G B.Beal 29
                  G J.Lamb 1
                  F J.Randle 11
                  F K.Anderson 7
                  F P.Siakam 1
                  F K.Huerter 3
                  C D.Ayton 37
                  C D.Dedmon 0

Bench: T.Ross 2, C.Osman 2, D.White 2, J.Lin 2, F.VanVleet 1, M.Harkless 1

First of all, James Harden is a beast. I am lucky that so many of the other owners in my fantasy league apparently find him less fun to watch and own than other NBA stars, since I was able to roster him for less than the cost AD, Giannis and KAT.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Despite missing about a week to injury, Harden's total value earned on the season in 8-cat roto is still ahead of everyone ($73) even in five fewer games played than Durant ($70), who is currently second in total value due to health/games played/consistency. Meanwhile, all four of my guards are outperforming their auction cost on a per-game value basis, with only Butler below on a total value basis due to the games he missed prior to the trade. I expect his total value will exceed his auction price soon. Lamb has been the great bargain I expected at $1. Beal should be even better from a fantasy standpoint in the 2nd half since his usage spikes with Wall out.

With respect to my forwards and centers, Siakam has obviously been a huge piece, earning $25 against his $1 salary. Randle has also exceeded my expectations. I knew I had overpaid for Ayton, but he's coming very close to returning value on his elevated auction price despite not blocking enough shots for my taste. Jabari Parker obviously had to be dropped after losing his minutes in Chicago, but produced fine before Markkanen and Portis returned. Kyle Anderson started slow(-mo), but has really been coming on of late. I probably dropped Bjelica too soon, when, following his great play to start the season, he had started losing minutes to Bagley, because Bjeclica has been solid again since the Bagley injury. Oh well. Osman has been a pretty big disappointment, but I'm still holding him for now. I was able to snag Dedmon for $0 the week before JV went down, and Dedmon has been producing better than JV was, so that was a huge positive break for me. Huerter has been up and down since I grabbed him, but has G/F flexibility and I feel good about what he might give me going forward. Meanwhile, i just added Harkless, White and Ross in the last few weeks. Harkless has been on a great run with blocks and steals, and White looks like he may be great the rest of the way. He also qualified G/F and is racking up minutes, along with AST, STL, BLK and 3PM.

I'm first place in RBD, second place in PTS and FG%, third place in STL. I'm 5th in FT%, but in the bottom half for 3PM, AST and BLK, which is why I've been targeting those stats with my more recent pickups. Siakam, Lamb, Dedmon and Randle are all potential keepers at their prices (can keep up to two players at +$10), so I could potentially trade a few of them for studs as the league trade deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
                  X