Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can even the great Popovich get the 2018-19 Spurs into the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can even the great Popovich get the 2018-19 Spurs into the playoffs?

Not only did they lose Kawhi via trade, but all three of Duncan, Ginobili and Parker are gone, they lost Dejounte Murray for the season, and now his starting PG replacement Derrick White is going to be out until December. Of their likely starting five of Gasol, Aldridge, Gay, DeRozan and Mills, only DeRozan is still (barely) under 30, and he's the only one arguably still in his prime (if Patty Mills can be said to have had a prime). Poetl is the only healthy bench player with a remotely interesting upside, best I can assess. If Popovich has this team even sniffing the playoffs in the now-even-stronger Western conference, it will be his most masterful trick yet.

I'd give Pop a sabbatical for a season, tank the year, rebuild the salary cap situation to the best of their ability, and then turn it back over to Pop in 2019. Problem solved.

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      I'd give Pop a sabbatical for a season, tank the year, rebuild the salary cap situation to the best of their ability, and then turn it back over to Pop in 2019. Problem solved.

I just assumed that he'd retire after this season to run for the Democratic nomination for President in 2020.

Comment

Working...
      X