• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week 5 Discussion Thread

Will Dissly placed on IR
    Leonard Fournette OUT

Julian Edelman & Mark Ingram return from suspension

Ha, John Hansen on XMSirius Fantasy just started a "Free Kenyan Drake" movement on his show.......did he just steal our schtick?

I hate the early bye week- Chicago Bears

Comment

Joe Mixon is likely to play

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Joe Mixon is likely to play
        Woo!!!!
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Tom Brady's 500th career touchdown pass is also his first touchdown thrown to Josh Gordon.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Tom Brady's 500th career touchdown pass is also his first touchdown thrown to Josh Gordon.
            And a fitting one for both of them. That was spectacular.

Comment

Giovani Bernard OUT
              John Ross OUT
              Dalvin Cook looking doubtful

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I hate the early bye week- Chicago Bears
                the Panthers and Redskins were off LAST week!
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Mixon practiced the week before but was held out. You could see that one coming.

From Thursday, it looks like Sony Michel has arrived.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Pat Mahomes comes back to Earth. The Chiefs still win as PM II runs one in and they get their first pick-6 of the season plus three other INTs.

The Butker kid can kick but they kept scoring TDs til today.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Omigod, horrifying loss for the Giants today. To lose on a game-ending 63-yd FG? Cripes.

Comment

Omigod, horrifying loss for the Giants today. To lose on a game-ending 63-yd FG? Cripes.
                        I think Gano's kick would have been good from 70, maybe more. Looked like it was shot out of a cannon.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          I think Gano's kick would have been good from 70, maybe more. Looked like it was shot out of a cannon.
                          Yep, amazing. And this on a day when another reliable kicker, Green Bay's Mason Crosby, missed FOUR FG's and an XP.

Comment

Yep, amazing. And this on a day when another reliable kicker, Green Bay's Mason Crosby, missed FOUR FG's and an XP.
                            Ugh, yeah, as a Packer fan, that was painful. Kudos to Coach McCarthy, though, for sending him out there near the end of the game for a confidence builder.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Some news & notes:
                              - I'll say it: the Cleveland Browns are a playoff contender. They have a play-making defense with an exciting offense. They still need to get Nick Chubb involved more, but they're a solid kicker away from being 5-0 (or at least 4-1). Baker Mayfield is the real deal and was the right choice at #1.
                              - Oh, the heartbreak of losing a game on a 63-yard game-ending FG. And OBJ.....please tone down the selfishness, thanks
                              - Adam Thielen now has the second longest streak of 100-yard games to start a season in NFL history. If the Vikings get Dalvin Cook healthy, watch out.
                              - Speaking of Thielen, he was a UDFA, and Stefon Diggs was 5th round pick. Kirk Cousins was a 4th rd pick. And there's Laquon Treadwell, taken 23rd overall in 2016.
                              - Drew Brees will in all likelihood become the NFL's all-time leading passer tonight.
                              - Isaiah Crowell rushed for the most yards in a game in Jets history, and combined with Bilal Powell's 99 yards and Darnold's 5 yards, dropped a combined 323 rushing yards on the Broncos beleaguered defense.
                              - Blake Bortles threw 4 INTs.....oh, and still also had 430 yards passing, the 14th 400+ passing yard game of 2018
                              - Kenny Golladay is emerging as a dominant NFL receiver
                              - the AFC North may be the toughest division in football

Comment

Working...
                              X