Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you get your baseball/roto news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you get your baseball/roto news?

Just curious where people go to look for both general baseball news and roto analysis. What are your favorites sites/apps/podcasts that you rely on?

rotoworld, closer monkey, a few local blogs I have bookmarked, and of course twitter (I follow a bunch of beat writers)
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Rotoworld, rotowire, closer monkey, baseball forecast, try and read local papers at time and of course here in the bullpen. Don't get too much into podcast.

Comment

RJ, the Forecaster, the Athletic, and Closer Monkey.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

The Monkey rules.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

There is a good app called Playerline that culls multiple sources.

Comment

per the Twitter beat writer mention:

depending on league parameters and what I objectively call "pounce leagues" - that is, first come first serve - and the amount of money at stake, not following key beat people there may be business malpractice against your mythical stockholders (or, well, you).

and for those who "just don't like Twitter" or never tried it, you are the producer of your own movie there - as you choose who to follow. if your Twitter feed sucks/is stressful, that is of your making. you can restrict your follows only to productive tweeters.

heck, you can restrict it to just following MLB writers if you like. well, you have many months to mull that over.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                There is a good app called Playerline that culls multiple sources.
                They have a Chrome extension as well.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  per the Twitter beat writer mention:

depending on league parameters and what I objectively call "pounce leagues" - that is, first come first serve - and the amount of money at stake, not following key beat people there may be business malpractice against your mythical stockholders (or, well, you).

and for those who "just don't like Twitter" or never tried it, you are the producer of your own movie there - as you choose who to follow. if your Twitter feed sucks/is stressful, that is of your making. you can restrict your follows only to productive tweeters.

heck, you can restrict it to just following MLB writers if you like. well, you have many months to mull that over.
                  I'm playing it safe and staying off Twitter. Too many real world consequences for saying stupid things, something I keep contained to RJ.

I like fantasyrundown, as they post a batch of 5-15 fantasy article links daily, and they have an excellent aggregated list of other prospect lists. Prospect side and mlb side are kept separate, so it's quite focused, and makes a great resource.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

well, if you can't avoid following people who would trigger your emotions, then you are doing the right thing. you do have a choice - but if you don't feel as if you can avoid it anyway, then definitely stick to your plan. that's the wise play for you. I should acknowledge as part of my point that too many people don't grasp that concept.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I'm surprised more people don't listen to baseball/roto podcasts. The baseball hq one is excellent (I just wish they kept it going in the offseason) and Paul's FanGraphs podcast is great, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        I'm surprised more people don't listen to baseball/roto podcasts.
                        I don't listen to any podcasts, which is funny because for the last 2 months, I have been co-hosting a weekly podcast.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                          I'm surprised more people don't listen to baseball/roto podcasts. The baseball hq one is excellent (I just wish they kept it going in the offseason) and Paul's FanGraphs podcast is great, as well.
                          I'll 2nd Paul's FanGraphs podcast, I found the HQ one repetitive/not-informative if O already had a subscription to BaseballHQ, and a bit opaque when I didn't
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Rotowire- closer monkey- and also mlbtraderumors.com

Comment

TBH I get most of my hot tips here. Callups, injuries, etc. You guys rock!

The only site where I see news first and post to RJ second is closermonkey.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                              X