Official Week 4 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week 4 Discussion Thread

Rams will be without Aqib Talib and may also be without Marcus Peters for their Thursday night matchup with Minnesota.

San Fran is trying out 7 QB's. The tryout group included Kellen Clemens, 35, T.J. Yates, 31, and Tom Savage, 28. In addition, E.J. Manuel, 28, Landry Jones, 29, and Matt Simms, 29, and undrafted rookie Kyle Allen, 22, were also reportedly in Santa Clara to compete for the roster spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      San Fran is trying out 7 QB's. The tryout group included Kellen Clemens, 35, T.J. Yates, 31, and Tom Savage, 28. In addition, E.J. Manuel, 28, Landry Jones, 29, and Matt Simms, 29, and undrafted rookie Kyle Allen, 22, were also reportedly in Santa Clara to compete for the roster spot.
      Some potential trade targets:
      - Nick Foles -- did Philly miss their trade window?
      - Jameis Winston -- TB goes all-in on FitzMagic, but will SF buck up for another QB?
      - Tyrod Taylor -- CLE can make back some of their investment
      - Mike Glennon -- probably could be had for a song
      - Geno Smith -- Geeenoooo! (he's not going anywhere, but I just wanted to say that)
      - Jacoby Brissett -- Indy can probably cash in on their trade with Luck now healthy
      - RGIII -- why not?

All would probably be better than Beathard and that crew of FAs and can help salvage SF's season

Comment

As of an hour ago TB can't even decide who their starter is this week. How can they trade Winston?

Comment

As of an hour ago TB can't even decide who their starter is this week. How can they trade Winston?
          Their decision would be a lot easier with Winston wearing a Niners uniform!

Comment

Rex Burkhead to IR, probably ending his season.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Their decision would be a lot easier with Winston wearing a Niners uniform!
              No way the 49ers give up meaningful assets for Winston. They're 1-2, they've already lost McKinnon and Winston is highly unlikely to be a savior. I think the other team in the Bay Area is more likely to deal for him.

Comment

Some potential trade targets:
                - Nick Foles -- did Philly miss their trade window?
                I was in philly right before the season started and there was a whole show on one of the sports radio stations around how much people would need to trade Foles... The Host was expecting a first and all the callers wanted more than that if they were even willing to trade him at all.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  I was in philly right before the season started and there was a whole show on one of the sports radio stations around how much people would need to trade Foles... The Host was expecting a first and all the callers wanted more than that if they were even willing to trade him at all.
                  Yep. And there were reports they turned down a 2nd rounder for him. But now with Wentz back and Foles having played poorly, his value has certainly plunged. SF could probably get him for a 5th rounder.

Comment

Yep. And there were reports they turned down a 2nd rounder for him. But now with Wentz back and Foles having played poorly, his value has certainly plunged. SF could probably get him for a 5th rounder.
                    that may be his open market value, but I doubt Philly makes that deal.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      that may be his open market value, but I doubt Philly makes that deal.
                      Agree. He's inexpensive insurance for a team with a Super Bowl repeat in mind. Knowing how tight windows are in the NFL for that opportunity, there's no way I'd give up Foles for a fifth.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Joe Mixon OUT
                        Jack Doyle OUT
                        Jay Ajayi cleared to play

Comment

Since Garappolo is out for the year, i was forced to play my backup QB. So far, i'm satisfied with Jared Goff.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey Bears Fans how do you like me now?- Mitch Trubisky

Comment

Hey Bears Fans how do you like me now?- Mitch Trubisky
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X