Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Official Week 4 Discussion Thread

  1. #1
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    18,248

    Official Week 4 Discussion Thread

    Rams will be without Aqib Talib and may also be without Marcus Peters for their Thursday night matchup with Minnesota.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,427
    San Fran is trying out 7 QB's. The tryout group included Kellen Clemens, 35, T.J. Yates, 31, and Tom Savage, 28. In addition, E.J. Manuel, 28, Landry Jones, 29, and Matt Simms, 29, and undrafted rookie Kyle Allen, 22, were also reportedly in Santa Clara to compete for the roster spot.

  3. #3
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    18,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    San Fran is trying out 7 QB's. The tryout group included Kellen Clemens, 35, T.J. Yates, 31, and Tom Savage, 28. In addition, E.J. Manuel, 28, Landry Jones, 29, and Matt Simms, 29, and undrafted rookie Kyle Allen, 22, were also reportedly in Santa Clara to compete for the roster spot.
    Some potential trade targets:
    - Nick Foles -- did Philly miss their trade window?
    - Jameis Winston -- TB goes all-in on FitzMagic, but will SF buck up for another QB?
    - Tyrod Taylor -- CLE can make back some of their investment
    - Mike Glennon -- probably could be had for a song
    - Geno Smith -- Geeenoooo! (he's not going anywhere, but I just wanted to say that)
    - Jacoby Brissett -- Indy can probably cash in on their trade with Luck now healthy
    - RGIII -- why not?

    All would probably be better than Beathard and that crew of FAs and can help salvage SF's season

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,427
    As of an hour ago TB can't even decide who their starter is this week. How can they trade Winston?

  5. #5
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    18,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    As of an hour ago TB can't even decide who their starter is this week. How can they trade Winston?
    Their decision would be a lot easier with Winston wearing a Niners uniform!

  6. #6
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    18,248
    Rex Burkhead to IR, probably ending his season.

  7. #7
    Big Leaguer TS Garp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Their decision would be a lot easier with Winston wearing a Niners uniform!
    No way the 49ers give up meaningful assets for Winston. They're 1-2, they've already lost McKinnon and Winston is highly unlikely to be a savior. I think the other team in the Bay Area is more likely to deal for him.

  8. #8
    All Star heyelander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sactown
    Posts
    6,739
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Some potential trade targets:
    - Nick Foles -- did Philly miss their trade window?
    I was in philly right before the season started and there was a whole show on one of the sports radio stations around how much people would need to trade Foles... The Host was expecting a first and all the callers wanted more than that if they were even willing to trade him at all.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

  9. #9
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    18,248
    Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    I was in philly right before the season started and there was a whole show on one of the sports radio stations around how much people would need to trade Foles... The Host was expecting a first and all the callers wanted more than that if they were even willing to trade him at all.
    Yep. And there were reports they turned down a 2nd rounder for him. But now with Wentz back and Foles having played poorly, his value has certainly plunged. SF could probably get him for a 5th rounder.

  10. #10
    All Star heyelander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sactown
    Posts
    6,739
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Yep. And there were reports they turned down a 2nd rounder for him. But now with Wentz back and Foles having played poorly, his value has certainly plunged. SF could probably get him for a 5th rounder.
    that may be his open market value, but I doubt Philly makes that deal.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •