No announcement yet.

Hot topic arguments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I dont often participate in these conversations, my ultimate hope on the hot topics is that they will lead to the baseball topics around here getting as much attention (because they dont seem to).

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      While I dont often participate in these conversations, my ultimate hope on the hot topics is that they will lead to the baseball topics around here getting as much attention (because they dont seem to).
      I often wonder if some of the fantasy baseball help request answers are diminished because of the political differences.

If someone is very angry about political issues would they chose to carry that over and not help?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I often wonder if some of the fantasy baseball help request answers are diminished because of the political differences.

If someone is very angry about political issues would they chose to carry that over and not help?
        Considering families and friendships have been destroyed in the Trump era, I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. I don't recall personally ever ignoring someone's help request in baseball forum due to political differences but it's not something I'd want to remember if it did happen.

(I recently gave 1J advice on what to do in my hometown and there are few if any posters I find more annoying from a political perspective.)
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I was worried about that for years, which is why I shied away from the Sports Bar. But, generally, I don't think that is an issue. For me, I'm not taking anything personal in these forums, unless someone explicitly makes it personal and attacks me. I try to do the same and not make it personal with others. So, by and large, I think it is easy to keep them separate.

A larger issue is that until TW's post, I hadn't realized how much of the group here are old timers. There has been so little new blood, that isn't good. It is a great forum--especially the baseball forum, with so many knowledgeable folks. But I get the sense that most here would rather keep it cozy than have the place overrun by folks who don't have much to contribute. Still, it would be nice to get a few new folks posting each year. I don't remember how I found this place. It has been more than a decade, as I was on the old site for awhile. It took me awhile to feel comfortable posting, because it was clear that most folks here knew each other well. But I'm very glad I did. I think this site is a big part of how successful I've been in fantasy baseball.

Comment

Considering some of the help i get, i wish my questions were ignored!!
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Funny, I've noticed that some of the folks I disagree with the most are some of the most vital posters on the fantasy side, and I've tried to engage more over there, especially with those I've sparred with. It's an olive branch to say if I cant respect your political opinion, I at least respect you as a fellow roto nerd.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                Funny, I've noticed that some of the folks I disagree with the most are some of the most vital posters on the fantasy side, and I've tried to engage more over there, especially with those I've sparred with. It's an olive branch to say if I cant respect your political opinion, I at least respect you as a fellow roto nerd.
                Yep. I always viewed this as a fantasy baseball site first. The other stuff is what we do to entertain ourselves while we wait to get or give fantasy advice.

Comment

So I pull up RJ and the top three most recent topics are:
                  * There is no proof that God exists
                  * We're all bisexual
                  * I Wish My Mother Would Just Die Already

Kind of a hard left turn from playoff baseball huh

Comment

Baseball is still a thing??
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Yep. I always viewed this as a fantasy baseball site first. The other stuff is what we do to entertain ourselves while we wait to get or give fantasy advice.
                      Other way around for me.
                      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        So I pull up RJ and the top three most recent topics are:
                        * There is no proof that God exists
                        * We're all bisexual
                        * I Wish My Mother Would Just Die Already

Kind of a hard left turn from playoff baseball huh
                        Taken all together, if you're not worried about judgment from G-d or your mother, then you're much more free to explore your bisexuality.

Comment

Damn, I just realize the HOT TOPICS Forum existed....lol

So, where do I post about Nick Bosa quitting Ohio State?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                            Taken all together, if you're not worried about judgment from G-d or your mother, then you're much more free to explore your bisexuality.
                            I was just thinking about posting something like this. I had to rule it out as mine was not pc.

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                              Baseball is still a thing??
                              Go Brewers!
                              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                                Go Brewers!
                                Amen brother!
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X