Jimmy Butler likely to be moved before the start of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Butler likely to be moved before the start of the season

It seems that T-Wolves owner Glen Taylor is determined to move him despite the objections of his head coach and GM. What a terrible way to head into the season for a team that appeared to be headed toward legitimate contention in the first half of last season. The Heat, Cavs, Nets, Clippers, Rockets, Sixers and Blazers all have interest. Butler appears to like the idea of Clippers, Nets or Knicks.

I do not care for Jimmy Butler.

Comment

This was Thibs thinking he was the smartest guy in the NBA.

Butler wanted to be the alpha, when KAT was ready to take the alpha role.

Good riddance, and I hope Thibs goes right after him. Stop playing your starting five 44 minutes a game!!!
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

I'm with ITC, fuck Butler. He's done nothing in the season that he's been with the Wolves other than try to bully their best player in KAT, and their 2nd best player in Wiggins. Get a couple of solid starters in his place, and move on...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I'm with ITC, fuck Butler. He's done nothing in the season that he's been with the Wolves other than try to bully their best player in KAT, and their 2nd best player in Wiggins. Get a couple of solid starters in his place, and move on...
          You will be better off without him.

Did I mention I do care for Jimmy Butler. Glad he is not in Chicago anymore.

Comment

No thank you...

According to the Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor, the Sixers got on the phone with the Timberwolves regarding the very available (or not so available) Jimmy Butler, and the Sixers’ offer was countered with the Wolves asking for Ben Simmons in return.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              No thank you...
              Really? Wow. I could see them trading Fultz for Butler, but definitely not Simmons. Butler would be a very good fit for them on the wing if his heart is in it and he can play nicely in the sandbox with Embiid and Simmons.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                Really? Wow. I could see them trading Fultz for Butler, but definitely not Simmons. Butler would be a very good fit for them on the wing if his heart is in it and he can play nicely in the sandbox with Embiid and Simmons.
                After watching him last year, I doubt that he can play nicely with anyone younger, and/or more talented that he is. He's not a guy who'd going to play in the background, and Embiid is most definitely a far better player, and a more captivating presence for the fans.

I still think that Miami is a likely landing spot, and the Wolves will get a mediocre return for him. Love to get Fultz though...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

After watching him last year, I doubt that he can play nicely with anyone younger, and/or more talented that he is. He's not a guy who'd going to play in the background, and Embiid is most definitely a far better player, and a more captivating presence for the fans.

I still think that Miami is a likely landing spot, and the Wolves will get a mediocre return for him. Love to get Fultz though...
                  I wouldn't write off Butler on one year and his reaction to one guy. I certainly think the Wolves need to build around KAT, but he does have a reputation for defensive indifference and lack of serious commitment to improvement and winning that he's going to have to shake on his own, independent of Butler. I imagine it's possible that this is what Butler was reacting to rather than mere jealousy of KAT's youth and talent. We'll see how he does in his next landing spot.

Comment

So did Butler's behavior and interview yesterday make y'all more sympathetic to Butler or less?

Comment

Bugs Bunny said it best.....What a maroon.
                      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

So did Butler's behavior and interview yesterday make y'all more sympathetic to Butler or less?
                        Fuck Jimmy Butler and his orchestrated circus...his bullshit yesterday backfired, as did ESPN happening to be in town for an exclusive interview. Today Butler said that HE called a players only meeting to smooth things over, allegedly telling the team that he'd play and compete at his best level. Except...Jeff Teague and one of the rookies said the meeting never happened.

So, I reiterate, Fuck that guy.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Embiid would drive Jimmy crazy about 2 hours in. Too loud, too talented, too much focus not on Jimmy.

Comment

The Rockets are now apparently offering four future 1st round draft picks for Butler.

The Rockets are making a renewed bid to acquire Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler, including four future first-round draft picks in their most recent offer, league sources told ESPN.

I suspect that wouldn't be great for his fantasy value, but perhaps given the high-volume offensive system he could still rack up stats alongside Harden and Paul. They could even run Paul, Harden, Butler, Anthony (and Capela) out there together.

Comment

The Rockets are now apparently offering four future 1st round draft picks for Butler.

The Rockets are making a renewed bid to acquire Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler, including four future first-round draft picks in their most recent offer, league sources told ESPN.

I suspect that wouldn't be great for his fantasy value, but perhaps given the high-volume offensive system he could still rack up stats alongside Harden and Paul. They could even run Paul, Harden, Butler, Anthony (and Capela) out there together.
                              If that's true, the TWolves should be all over this offer. As talented as Butler is and as much as he'd help the Rockets, he's played less than 70 games in 5 of his 7 seasons (heading into this year) and will be 30 next year. Not to mention the fact that he's very likely a rental and seems to be a malcontent. 4 first-rounders is a huge amount to give up -- that trade could cripple the Rockets for years. Imagine if Butler leaves and the team declines as Paul and Harden age. A trade like that could have an impact not unlike the infamous Herschel Walker deal back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X