Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early look at keepers

14-team 5x5 H2H

I traded draft picks to make a run for the playoffs and ended up tied for 6th but lost on a H2H tiebreaker. >

We must keep 4 forever and can keep up to 4 drafted in rounds 19-22 forever. We can also keep any player picked up on waivers in the 10th round (then 9th next year, etc.)

1 J.Ramirez
    2 Kluber
    3 Baez
    4 Yelich
    Merrifield/Encarnacion instead?

10 Stripling/Toussaint/Hildenberger/WPeralta

21 Strasburg
    22 Tatis Jr

My top 4 and late rounders seem to be no-brainers. Any differing opinions? Which player would you keep in the 10th?
    Last edited by virgonomic; 09-22-2018, 08:27 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

ehhhh. I guess Stripling if he's actually in the rotation, but you won't know that for a while. Maybe Hildenberger if he's likely to be the closer. Probably not the others.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'm going to suggest Toukki. Some big upside there.

Comment

Agree with your top four, though I love me some Merrifield. I'm with Harmon on Toukki.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Toussaint is fine and he does have some good upside but I can't imagine him going in the 10th round of a 14-team mixed. Though I guess if there's weird keeper rules - am I reading this correctly, that if you threw him back and then took him in the 15th round next year you'd have to keep him as one of your top 4 guys, but this way you get to keep him as a mid-round player for a while?
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Agree with your top four, though I love me some Merrifield. I'm with Harmon on Toukki.
            Agree with chance. Is there a way to keep the top four and Merrifield?

Comment

Mjl makes a good point. I may have misread, assumed you had to keep one of those in the 10th. None of the above is the right answer if that’s an option.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Mjl makes a good point. I may have misread, assumed you had to keep one of those in the 10th. None of the above is the right answer if that’s an option.
                That was my assumption also, so yes none of the above if you dont have to keep one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Agree with chance. Is there a way to keep the top four and Merrifield?
                  No, any 4 of the first 6.

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  We can also keep any player picked up on waivers in the 10th round (then 9th next year, etc.)
                  I don't have to keep one. Stripling was the one who jumped out at me.

Comment

Any new/different thoughts here? Is Kluber still a must-keep over Merrifield?

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    Must keep 4:
                    1 J.Ramirez
                    2 Kluber
                    3 Baez
                    4 Yelich
                    Merrifield/Encarnacion instead?

Can keep 1 (optional - would move up a round each year)
                    10 Stripling/Toussaint/Hildenberger

Can keep forever (optional)
                    21 Strasburg
                    22 Tatis Jr

Comment

Merrifield is the most tempting who’s not in your current top 4. I could see him outearning Baez. So I would at least think about Merrifield over Baez. Worse team context, lock for more SB. I don’t play much H2H these days, so not sure how valuable. And if your H2H allows for streaming / daily lineup, I would consider bumping Klubot. Can you trade now?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        Merrifield is the most tempting who’s not in your current top 4. I could see him outearning Baez. So I would at least think about Merrifield over Baez. Worse team context, lock for more SB. I don’t play much H2H these days, so not sure how valuable. And if your H2H allows for streaming / daily lineup, I would consider bumping Klubot. Can you trade now?
                        Yes, trading season is open and I'm sure I would get bites on Kluber. Maybe a 2-for-1 but not sure I could land a top-10 player. No harm in sending an email.

Comment

Merrifield is 30 years old with a game that relies on speed. His trade value may never be higher than it is right now. I would try to deal him instead of Kluber.

Agree with your top 4 and bottom 2. Stripling is tempting. But, he likely needs an injury or a trade to put him in the starting rotation.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I have first pick in the 5th round so if I throw Merrifield (or anyone else back) I am guaranteed to get him. With 40 mandatory keepers I think he will be the best player available.

I've only been offered a 10th round pick (and would give back a lower pick) so I think throwing him back is the play.

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Agree with your top 4 and bottom 2. Stripling is tempting. But, he likely needs an injury or a trade to put him in the starting rotation.
                            Does Kershaw being shut down move the needle far enough? Keepers due tomorrow.
                            Last edited by virgonomic; 02-23-2019, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X