Official Week 3 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    This is the first time in 5 years that the Bears have been in first place. Only took several miracles to accomplish it.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

New England looked horrendous vs. Detroit last night. Horrible on both sides of the ball. Their offense may get an injection next week with Julian Edelman's return and Josh Gordon starting to be a factor.

Comment

Patriots last lost 3 straight in 2002.

3-0 Dolphins keep begging to lose, but no takers so far (Raiders, down 21-17, in red zone with 3 minutes left, throw a pick in the end zone. MIA still not covering in many precincts, but an open field long TD gets them another score and a full cover).

it's almost too easy at Pats -9.5 points
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          Patriots last lost 3 straight in 2002.

3-0 Dolphins keep begging to lose, but no takers so far (Raiders, down 21-17, in red zone with 3 minutes left, throw a pick in the end zone. MIA still not covering in many precincts, but an open field long TD gets them another score and a full cover).

it's almost too easy at Pats -9.5 points
          I'm confused -- are you saying the Pats covering 9.5 pts is a layup, or that taking the Dolphins are a layup?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Washington 31 Packers 17.

Minnesota loses to Buffalo 27-6.

If the Bears win they will be in first place...Wow.
            At this point, they deserve to be.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Further riffing on New England, it's pretty damned arrogant of them to come into this season with only 3 journeymen WRs, one of whom is a kick returner who's never been successful as a wideout, and a suspect running game.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Further riffing on New England, it's pretty damned arrogant of them to come into this season with only 3 journeymen WRs, one of whom is a kick returner who's never been successful as a wideout, and a suspect running game.
                The Patriots? Arrogant? Gosh, I just can't imagine.

Wonder how many survivor pools were nuked by the Bills win.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  The Patriots? Arrogant? Gosh, I just can't imagine.

There's a very fine line between being arrogant and being right!

But with a 41-year old QB -- who in the 4th qtr appeared to no longer give a shite -- who seems to have lost a step, and with a complete lack of a running game, maybe coming into the season that way was a little too much.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Right here

I won SenorSheep's pool last year... we get three strikes. I missed week 1 when New Orleans lost to Tampa, missed making a pick last week (doh) and am Out on the bills.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      Right here

I won SenorSheep's pool last year... we get three strikes. I missed week 1 when New Orleans lost to Tampa, missed making a pick last week (doh) and am Out on the bills.
                      We started with 41 in my survivor pool. 1 strike. The Saints and Steelers destroyed the pool in Week 1. There were 14 left going into this week and 10 picked the Vikings (including me). One picked the Jags.

So now we're down to 3 out of 41 already and I've already been asked twice to start a second pool.

Comment

Jimmy Garoppolo done for 2018 with a torn ACL.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Jimmy Garoppolo done for 2018 with a torn ACL.
                          Would the 49ers fan base be open to Kaepernick’s return considering he led them to Super Bowl XLVII in 2013?

Or would they remember he lost 20 of his last 24 starts?

Comment

Clay Matthews had a beautiful perfect sack and it was called roughing the QB. Terrible terrible call.

i am a Bears fan and that call made me so angry that I didn't even know what to do with myself...hmm see name calling thread.

Comment

"Terrible terrible call. "

I understand if you hate the new RULE - lots of fans do.
                              but by the rule, the sack of Alex Smith was clearly roughing the passer.

I do think Mathews got screwed in the Vikings game, and that one changed the outcome.
                              the Redskins one had nothing at all to do with the result.
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

FitzMagic is the first QB in league history to throw for 400+ yards in 3 straight games.

Comment

Working...
                                X