Bob Kohm had a stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Kohm had a stroke

Not sure how many are friends with Bob on Facebook and other social media, but his wife, Beth, just posted a stutus update to Bob's page.
    I have some news to share but before I do, know that we are praying for all our friends, their loved ones and the communities who will be impacted by Florence. Be smart and be safe.

And now to a rather big update. Bob had a stroke Sunday. We initially thought it was a miniscule shot across the bow and message from God for him to take better care of himself. It turns out though it was significant, according to the neurologist and we spent a few scary days as he went through the initial period after a stroke when cells die.

Thankfully he is now stabilized and he has no cognitive deficits which is a miracle. He does have left side weakness but still has strength which is really good. Today marked the end of all tests and procedures and the doctors mapping out his medical plan going forward. We anticipate him being transferred sometime tomorrow to acute rehab for inpatient physical therapy for two to four weeks. He then gets to come home and heal which takes up to a year with the most progress in the first two months.

We do not know the complete recovery path or what our new normal will be but to quote my new favorite Joshism, we are a team, we got this.

He was talking about our little family but the truth is we are already getting through this because our family, both chosen and blood have stepped in and surrounded us with love and assistance.

We have not lost our laughter but I thought I would spare people the gallows humour....for now.

I am responding to emails, texts and calls as I can, Bob as well. We will keep you all posted as we can through them and on here. Thank you to those already in the know who have sent along messages, knowledge and prayers for this next chapter. They have meant the world to us and just affirms how truly blessed and fortunate we are. This story could have been so much different and we know that.

xxoo
    Just thought everyone here that hasn't seen would like to know.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

wow - that's dreadful - I have never met the guy in person but have chatted many times here and on facebook and feel like I know him

keep us posted - I am not facebook friends with Beth but will friend her

Comment

Thanks for sharing - hoping Bob has a speedy recovery.

Comment

Strokes are terrible things, and they can be easily misdiagnosed by someone who'd not on top of their game.

Glad to hear that Bob and beth caught this relatively early, so they can minimize the effects. Good thoughts coming your way Bob...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Wow, terrible, hope he gets through this ok.

Comment

there are only a handful of people without whom you guys would not be posting here today - and Bob is one of them.

Godspeed, Mr. Kohm!
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Oh my. Thanks for letting us know Piney Boy. Best wishes to Bob for a speedy and full recovery.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

That's horrible news. Best wishes to Bob and his family in this difficult time.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Scary and sobering. Best wishes to Bob and his family.

Comment

Damn. yes, pass along our hopes for a speedy recovery.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                      Not sure how many are friends with Bob on Facebook and other social media, but his wife, Beth, just posted a stutus update to Bob's page.

Just thought everyone here that hasn't seen would like to know.
                      Thank you Piney. This is terrible news.

Prayers offered for Bob and his family.

Please keep us posted on his progress.

Comment

Wow...that's terrible. Hope he gets better soon!
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'll send a bottle of Apricot Soju his way once he is fully recovered

Comment

I saw this yesterday and felt sick. Its odd - as others have said - I have never met the guy in person. However, I consider him (and a large number of other faceless names here ) as a friend.

Here is sending thoughts and prayers to him and his family.
                            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              I'll send a bottle of Apricot Soju his way once he is fully recovered
                              Let's all pitch in and send him a case.

Or at least we could send him this lapel pin ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X