No announcement yet.

Bob Kohm had a stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see you back Bhob, hope you have a speedy recovery!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I wish you a speedy recovery Bhob.

I don't post often but thought I'd share....I had a stroke 2 months ago.
      I was driving in traffic & peeled off a side street & noticed the car was not going...just idle moving. I managed to pull into a gas station wondering what the heck was going on. I tried to get out of the car but could't...I could barely if at all move my right half. Feeling embarrassed as I saw people watching I got back in the car & drove off left footed. I somehow got my brother on the phone & talked for a couple minutes & he tried to convince me to call 911 before the call dropped. At that point I decided I needed to get medical attention, pulled off the freeway, made a left turn, & hey, there's a hospital. I pulled in, managed to get out of the car & stumbled in....within seconds I was attended to...eventually got the clot busting drug(s) in me and felt back to normal within an hour of arriving. Spent 2 days in ICU before being released.

I felt weak & afraid for a week or 2 after even though I was pretty much at full strength. The thought that I'm a ticking time bomb are less frequent now and the Dr.s say I shouldn't worry...easy for them to say. I was jogging again about 3 weeks post stroke. The only thing I've noticed physically is my writing is a bit off, & my golf game stinks.

I did find some Facebook groups that have been helpful & would recommend looking around and/or joining a couple.

Again, best wishes,
      Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
        not dead yet folks will be back tomorrow with an update
        Damn, Robert, take care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by the heat View Post

I was driving in traffic & peeled off a side street & noticed the car was not going...just idle moving. I managed to pull into a gas station wondering what the heck was going on. I tried to get out of the car but could't...I could barely if at all move my right half. Feeling embarrassed as I saw people watching I got back in the car & drove off left footed. I somehow got my brother on the phone & talked for a couple minutes & he tried to convince me to call 911 before the call dropped. At that point I decided I needed to get medical attention, pulled off the freeway, made a left turn, & hey, there's a hospital. I pulled in, managed to get out of the car & stumbled in....within seconds I was attended to...eventually got the clot busting drug(s) in me and felt back to normal within an hour of arriving. Spent 2 days in ICU before being released.

I felt weak & afraid for a week or 2 after even though I was pretty much at full strength. The thought that I'm a ticking time bomb are less frequent now and the Dr.s say I shouldn't worry...easy for them to say. I was jogging again about 3 weeks post stroke. The only thing I've noticed physically is my writing is a bit off, & my golf game stinks.

I did find some Facebook groups that have been helpful & would recommend looking around and/or joining a couple.

Again, best wishes,
          Jerry
          Good to hear a success story...they can do remarkable things if they happen to catch early enough. But, the important question is this: How was your gold game prior to the stroke?
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
            not dead yet folks will be back tomorrow with an update
            I hope all is well and getting better.

How about an update?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Good to hear a success story...they can do remarkable things if they happen to catch early enough. But, the important question is this: How was your gold game prior to the stroke?
              Ha! Before the stroke a typical round was 75-81 (I did mix in an even par round in May). Now it's 84-92.

Comment

Ha! Before the stroke a typical round was 75-81 (I did mix in an even par round in May). Now it's 84-92.
                Man, i read your first message and I'm like, WTF? Call 911! And then I think, would I? Probably not... My uncles told me about their heart attacks and they both were like "eh, I'm fine, let's just watch the rest of this show and see how I feel at the end" or whatever... I'd be the same way. We need to seriously take note of this, the regular denizens here aren't getting any younger... call 911!!

glad things are working out mate.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

for non-golfers, this is going from excellent to good, at any age.

if over 50, adjust the parameters. some golfers never break 90 (nor 100)
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Again, best wishes,
                    Jerry
                    Jeez, between you and Bhob our whole RJ community is on the verge of croaking! We better find some younger users soon! LOL. Glad to hear you're well.

Comment

I know a woman that has had a stroke, heart attack, cancer, concussion, coma, meningitis, appendicitis, peritonitis, plantar fasciitis, and I'm leaving out things like dislocations and West Nile, both strains. She's 66 and still works part-time.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        I know a woman that has had a stroke, heart attack, cancer, concussion, coma, meningitis, appendicitis, peritonitis, plantar fasciitis, and I'm leaving out things like dislocations and West Nile, both strains. She's 66 and still works part-time.

J
                        Has Munchausen been ruled out?

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                          Not sure how many are friends with Bob on Facebook and other social media, but his wife, Beth, just posted a stutus update to Bob's page.

Just thought everyone here that hasn't seen would like to know.
                          Piney, can you update us.

I am hoping that Bob is just busy with his recovery rather than something worse.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Piney, can you update us.

I am hoping that Bob is just busy with his recovery rather than something worse.

Thank you.
                            I will try to remember and check when I get home. Bob doesn't always show up in my feed.
                            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I believe Bob posted something today about it being his wedding anniversary. I think he is currently in rehab, as well.
                              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Thank all of you for helping my precious wife and kids while I recover and fight this fight. Knowing that Beth is the toughest person I know but that even she needs the love and support of her friends, the knowledge that you all are there for her means the world to me. My most heartfelt love and thanks to the folks who are there to ease her burden while I haul myself off of the mat. I love her and by extension all of you for being there for her.
                                This is all i found. It was in commentsof another post. And yes it is his anniversary today.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X