Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Week 2 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    If you drafted David Johnson you're in full panic mode now. Sam Bradford is killing this team -- he had just 90 yards passing yesterday -- and somehow, Josh Rosen didn't make it into the game.

Huge downgrade to Johnson until further notice.
    Definitely a big downgrade but as bad as Bradford looks, the root of the problem is the horrible offensive line and the completely unimaginative and vanilla play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by TS Garp View Post
    Definitely a big downgrade but as bad as Bradford looks, the root of the problem is the horrible offensive line and the completely unimaginative and vanilla play calling.
    I didn't watch the game (as I have RedZone, they were never shown lol), but this is a new regime in place. One would think they would have worked on the offense in the off-season.

I'm not only downgrading DJ, but the rest of the offensive players -- Fitz, Kirk, Seals-Jones -- also until something changes.

I didn't watch the game (as I have RedZone, they were never shown lol), but this is a new regime in place. One would think they would have worked on the offense in the off-season.

I'm not only downgrading DJ, but the rest of the offensive players -- Fitz, Kirk, Seals-Jones -- also until something changes.
    Johnson, who is easily one of the best receiving backs in the NFL (and probably a better receiver than many WR's) received two targets yesterday and has 11 through 2 games. Crazy. With that said, they were up against the Rams, who can make most backs look bad, but it does seem like the coaching staff needs to figure out ways to get Johnson more involved.

As everyone expected, the Vikes cut Daniel Carlson and replaced him with Dan Bailey. And the Browns cut Zane Gonzalez and replaced him with.....an UDFA?

As everyone expected, the Vikes cut Daniel Carlson
    that's stupid they drafted him this year in the 5th round. not a good sign for Vikings management if they are going to have quick reactions like that. he over kicked all 3 misses last sunday wide right. and had the ball in the middle-right of the hash marks where you want it. they were lucky even to tie the game in GB due to a bad Clay Mathews roughing QB call.

If you're a Giants fan and hoped they would take a franchise QB at #2 instead of Saquon Barkley, like I did, your fears are becoming true, one turrble Eli game after the next. So now they have a world-class RB and WR and can't do anything with them. Ugh.
    Barkley was the right choice. Franchise QB's are not as hard to find as they used to be. future qb's get trained much quicker and younger and better than they used to. we've seen it in the last few drafts. also the rules are even more offense friendly every year. ..it's like asking why don't MLB pitcher's hit better, the ones that grow up hitting do, Shohei Ohtani for example.

the Giants have been searching for a stud RB for years. they went from wasting draft picks on DE's to needing a RB more. they get obsessed about one position in the draft.

Eli looks like shit, but the team sucked last year and (yesterday) Sunday Night the Cowboys were really bringing it. that defense is going to be decent. NYG head coach didn't go for it at the 50 yard line 4th and inches when it was already clear DAL was going all out. he was playing very conservative, then the next time her went for it twice on the same drive with 4th and inches and 4th and a foot in the 2nd qtr after realizing his mistake... it doesn't help that Eli may be looking bad also because of the coaching. i like the Giants defense. they have all the parts except stud QB.

Tom Pelissero
    ‏Verified account @TomPelissero

#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer on why they cut rookie kicker Daniel Carlson: "Did you see the game?"
    3:03 PM - 17 Sep 2018
    just finished my 35th year in 12-team NL 5x5
    AVG collapse in Sept left us finishing 4th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

UPDATED! 2019 keeper candidates (can keep up to 11)
    SP Kershaw 42, AWood 5, CSmith 1
    RP Jeffress 1, Dominguez 10, Knebel 2
    C Realmuto 13, 3B Longoria 15, 2B Kendrick 8, 2S Hanson 10
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, CarGo 14, FCordero 10

If you drafted David Johnson you're in full panic mode now. Sam Bradford is killing this team -- he had just 90 yards passing yesterday -- and somehow, Josh Rosen didn't make it into the game.

Huge downgrade to Johnson until further notice.
    In the aforementioned league where I have Lindsay, I have 6 RBs and can start 3. I may start playing 3 of Drake, Lindsay, R. Freeman and White and sitting Johnson until things change in Arizona.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    this is the 2nd time in 20 years the Giants have hired an old man at GM who selfishly made an ego-driven choice to try to cement a legacy.

Ernie Accorsi acquired Eli for the rights to a better QB, Philip Rivers, plus draft picks that were All-Pros Shawne Merriman and Nick Kaeding.

Eli has been barely above a .500 QB in spite of having an incredible and durable OL in his early years and stars across the O and D spectrum, and has won a playoff game in only 2 of his 14 seasons.

Gettleman comes in, and he, too, wants to win now. so he talks himself into the myth of Eli - who rode a magic carpet to 2 SB titles - and pays Beckham QB money at a position that correlates poorly to team Ws and then chooses a RB in the 2 hole.

ironically, the plan could turn out to be so stupid that the Giants get into position to draft a franchise QB in 2019!
    And mocked analytics when called on it.

Those who have made it through 2 weeks of survivor pools may have a formula to stay alive for a while. The Bills and Cardinals both look like historically bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Tom Pelissero
    ‏Verified account @TomPelissero

#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer on why they cut rookie kicker Daniel Carlson: "Did you see the game?"
    3:03 PM - 17 Sep 2018
    if you want to win and be the top dog in this league you shouldn't even need a FG kicker. hehe

the way the Vikings play now that they have a QB. this may be true.