LeVeon Bell Holdout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeVeon Bell Holdout?

Not sure how many thought Bell would holdout, but it now looks like he's going to miss Week 1.

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Not sure how many thought Bell would holdout, but it now looks like he's going to miss Week 1.
    Raises ��. Took Zeke over Bell in a non-PPR league.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think that he can hold out until November and still get credit for his service time for the year. Maybe that's the game that he's playing, knowing that the Steelers would absolutely run the wheels off him and possibly destroy any free agent value that he has. Smart move IMO on his part...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Took him last night at number four (instead of Antonio Brown, Alvin Kamara or Saquon Barkley) and I'm starting to get a little nervous about the pick.

I have another draft tonight picking 5th and have a strong feeling that I will have to make the same choice again tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
          Took him last night at number four (instead of Antonio Brown, Alvin Kamara or Saquon Barkley) and I'm starting to get a little nervous about the pick.

I have another draft tonight picking 5th and have a strong feeling that I will have to make the same choice again tonight.
          I'd avoid the risk, plenty of other options at 5

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I'll be honest, I thought you were writing about the laker kid ball. And I was guessing he was holding out because lbj was going to start in front of him.

Comment

At 3 I took Zeke over him after DJ and Gurley came off the board, but he only slipped to 6. Honestly I'd be scared to take him at this point ahead of any of the top RB's. I'd probably go as deep as taking Hunt/Fournette before I was ok with it. So maybe round 2 if he is there? He only has to play 6 games to get his service time and that would only give you what two weeks of the fantasy regular season. If he doesn't report Saturday to get his week 1 paycheck and not play week 1 at that point I don't see why he doesn't just go all the way and hold out the first 10 games. We will see.

Comment

I find his situation fascinating. Especially the anger heaped upon Bell from the local Pittsburgh sports fans.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'm much more intrigued about the anger heaped upon Bell by his TEAMMATES
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    I'm much more intrigued about the anger heaped upon Bell by his TEAMMATES
                    Indeed. Since I don't have a good idea what kind of communication Bell had with them, I'm not sure that i can really understand where they are coming from. If Bell had indicated that he would be ready for the first game and now he isn't, then i guess they have a legit gripe with him.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I took him at 4 in one league. Now I'm sweating, although I did get Conner later in the draft, so hopefully that mitigates the loss to some extent.

He went 6 in my draft last night, which was pretty ballsy as the news seems to get worse and worse with each passing day.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        He went 6 in my draft last night, which was pretty ballsy as the news seems to get worse and worse with each passing day.
                        Maybe it's a bad philosophy but my plan for R1 is to avoid picking a player that will cause me to lose the season. There's the old adage, not sure how true it is but... 1st round picks can't win your league but they can lose them.

I'm all about risk avoidance early in FF. And given the information right now, there's no way I'd pick him in the first round an a half. Somewhere in round 3 or later maybe I can afford that risk. But I'd really rather it just be someone else's problem. And if he still goes in round 1, even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Maybe it's a bad philosophy but my plan for R1 is to avoid picking a player that will cause me to lose the season. There's the old adage, not sure how true it is but... 1st round picks can't win your league but they can lose them.

I'm all about risk avoidance early in FF. And given the information right now, there's no way I'd pick him in the first round an a half. Somewhere in round 3 or later maybe I can afford that risk. But I'd really rather it just be someone else's problem. And if he still goes in round 1, even better.
                          I should clarify. He went 6 in my draft last night to someone else. Not to me. I took Zeke at #9 (start 2 QBs in that league, so draft gets more QB heavy).

Comment

good context here from someone on the Steelers beat

Aditi Kinkhabwala
                            ‏Verified account @AKinkhabwala
                            2h2 hours ago

Le’Veon Bell’s teammates have had his back through one arrest, two suspensions and two off-season holdouts. They’ve had his back through his showing up late to a playoff walkthrough, his threatening retirement and his strip club video. Let’s not suddenly forget that.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I also got Bell and Conner. Emmitt Smith did this in the 1990s. He held out two games, both losses, and Jerry Jones caved. We'll see what happens here. For my team, it's the difference between being favored and being the underdog. I hop JuJu bails me out.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X