LeVeon Bell Holdout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Hey everybody! LeVeon Bell is hinting that he might return!

Does Pittsburgh have to take him back?
    No thank you!

Signed,
    James Conner owners everywhere

Comment

If Bell doesn't sign his franchise tender, it will still count as him having been franchise tagged for a second time. If the Steelers franchise tag him for a third time in 2019, his salary would be $25m, so it's inconceivable they do that.

The Steelers could transition tag him in 2019, which would pay Bell 120% of his last recorded salary, but if he shows up this year, they can argue in an arbitration hearing that it should be 120% of his 2018's pro-rated salary, so it makes it inconceivable Bell would take that risk.

The Steelers would make out if he doesn't sign this year, because they would not have received any draft pick compensation due to them having received the maximum amount of compensatory picks in 2018, and they would not receive anything if they transition tag him next year. If he doesn't sign at all this year, they would get a pick because the new league year would have started and thus, they would not have received any comp picks yet. So letting him go unsigned this year would almost certainly net them a 3rd round compensatory pick in the 2020 Draft.

In addition, if Bell signs this year, he may not really play at all, or be behind Conner if he does.

Therefore, it seems likely that Bell doesn't sign at all this year, as all parties would make out if he doesn't.

Comment

Ian Rapoport
        ‏Verified account @RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted NFL Podcasts

This is fascinating. Sounds like Le’Veon Bell and his agent did not realize until it was reported (by @TomPelissero) that Bell’s tag next year would be the QB tag for about $25M. This makes it less likely that he shows because it’s either transition tag or free agent.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          Ian Rapoport
          ‏Verified account @RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted NFL Podcasts

This is fascinating. Sounds like Le’Veon Bell and his agent did not realize until it was reported (by @TomPelissero) that Bell’s tag next year would be the QB tag for about $25M. This makes it less likely that he shows because it’s either transition tag or free agent.
          Seems like I thought the situation out more than Bell's agent did, and then Rapoport stole my mojo!

Comment

Shefter reporting that Bell will sit out the remainder of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Seems like I thought the situation out more than Bell's agent did, and then Rapoport stole my mojo!
              I fully believe Le'Veon Bell would be much better off with you as his agent than who he's got. I'm guessing Bell will lose somewhere north of $20 million due to his agent's mismanagement over the last 18-24 months.

Plus, you'd have invested his money a lot better, too!
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

sports agent revo has a nice ring to it. or just agent revo, although that sounds like something from The Matrix.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  I fully believe Le'Veon Bell would be much better off with you as his agent than who he's got. I'm guessing Bell will lose somewhere north of $20 million due to his agent's mismanagement over the last 18-24 months.

Plus, you'd have invested his money a lot better, too!
                  LOL. It's kinda crazy the agent was unaware, until late this week, how much his Franchise tender would be for 2019. I found that info in a Sporting News article from July.

Comment

It's now official -- Le'Veon Bell will hold out for the entire 2018 season. Time to drop him from the rolls, boys!

Comment

• The Steelers removed the name plate over Bell's locker after Wednesday's practice. And the players decided to send him a message by raiding his locker and filming it. I think it was more playful than serious. But who knows? I thought it was funny.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        It's now official -- Le'Veon Bell will hold out for the entire 2018 season. Time to drop him from the rolls, boys!
                        My team is so bad I may keep him because the name looks good on the roster. I needed Tyreek Hill to go for 10 Rec, 170 yards, and a TD just to beat the 6th place team.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          My team is so bad I may keep him because the name looks good on the roster. I needed Tyreek Hill to go for 10 Rec, 170 yards, and a TD just to beat the 6th place team.

J
                          So what you are saying is that you only needed about 2/3 of Tyreek Hill?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            So what you are saying is that you only needed about 2/3 of Tyreek Hill?
                            3/4 but yeh.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• While searching for AB videos, i discovered this gem. Only problem is i don't speak jive. Can anyone translate?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This is from last year and has to be the funniest 911 call i've ever heard. I love the part where the 911 dispatcher asks Bell what the girls were wearing lol.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X