Khalil Mack to the Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khalil Mack to the Bears

No confirmation yet, but sounds like 2 1st rounders and a player back to Grudenland

Woo Hoo!!

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Mack's impact on the field will be obvious. Not only does he, by himself, bring the kind of heat as a pass rusher to enhance any defense, he also brings the kind of rare threat to an offense that will make his teammates better. No longer will Leonard Floyd face the challenge of double teams nor will he have the pressure to be the first and last option in Chicago's pass rush.

The secondary will reap rewards from this trade, too. The better the pass rush, the more dangerous throws quarterbacks make. As those pass attempts go up, the opportunity for interceptions does too. Kyle Fuller and Prince Amukamara are licking their chops.- Bryan Perez

Akiem Hicks is going to benefit as much as anyone from this trade. Arguably the most underrated defensive lineman in the NFL, Hicks will now be thrust into the national spotlight with Mack's addition. He could have a career-year, too. Opponents won't have the ability to double both Hicks and Mack, especially if they line up on the same side. Wow.

The Bears already had a top-10 defense last year without any real threat coming off the edge. With Mack in the fold, and the trickle down effect he'll have on his teammates, the result could be a very special year in Chicago.-Bryan Perez

Comment

And the Bears immediately sign Mack to a six-year, $141 million extension through 2024. The deal contains $90 million guaranteed and a $60 million signing bonus.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Bears also get:
            2020 2nd round pick
            2020 5th round pick (conditional?)

Raiders get:
            2019 1st round pick
            2019 6th round pick
            2020 1st round pick
            2020 3rd round pick

Is it just me or does it seem like Oakland didn't get that great of a return? The two first round picks could end up being outside of the top 25. And then Oakland also gives up a 2nd round pick essentially for a 3rd round pick.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Bears also get:
              2020 2nd round pick
              2020 5th round pick (conditional?)

Raiders get:
              2019 1st round pick
              2019 6th round pick
              2020 1st round pick
              2020 3rd round pick

Is it just me or does it seem like Oakland didn't get that great of a return? The two first round picks could end up being outside of the top 25. And then Oakland also gives up a 2nd round pick essentially for a 3rd round pick.
              I agree with you...Mack is an MVP type of difference maker, and the Raiders will likely stink, again. So that 2nd rounder and the bears 1st rounders may not be all that far apart...

Really nice, aggressive deal to get Mack in his prime for a defense that's already pretty damn good.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

It’s a great trade for the Bears, but c’mon on the picks. Unless Mack can also play a couple offensive positions, this deal might make the Bears almost a .500 team and move them into third place in the Central. They’re a team that lost to Green Bay with Brett Hundley as QB. Lost to the Luckless Colts. Lost to the Giants.

Maybe they can advance from doormat-dom to mediocrity with this deal, but there’s still a lot of work to be done.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  It’s a great trade for the Bears, but c’mon on the picks. Unless Mack can also play a couple offensive positions, this deal might make the Bears almost a .500 team and move them into third place in the Central. They’re a team that lost to Green Bay with Brett Hundley as QB. Lost to the Luckless Colts. Lost to the Giants.

Maybe they can advance from doormat-dom to mediocrity with this deal, but there’s still a lot of work to be done.
                  With their great defense the offense will only have to be in the upper half to make them playoff contenders. I think the offense can surprise. I like our running backs. If the receivers live up to their ability and stay healthy we could be in for a fun season.

Comment

At this point I don't think I can guess what their record will be. It's completely dependent on Trubisky taking a step forward that didn't look like it was there last year. I really wish the backup was someone like McCown or hell, even EJ Manuel, someone who's actually played and showed occasional competence, instead of Chase Daniel.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      At this point I don't think I can guess what their record will be. It's completely dependent on Trubisky taking a step forward that didn't look like it was there last year. I really wish the backup was someone like McCown or hell, even EJ Manuel, someone who's actually played and showed occasional competence, instead of Chase Daniel.
                      9-7.

I saw promise in Trubisky through the mess that was his offensive line, bad coach, and no receivers. I think he is going to surprise and flourish under this rebuilt team.

Comment

First time in a very long time I am excited about the beloved Bears.

At the least they should be fun to watch. I think they have a chance tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Dropped interception by Fuller was a heart breaker.

Khalil Mack earned his paycheck tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Aaron Rodgers on one leg is still better than the Bears.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X