wait, no dental plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wait, no dental plan?

so I last year parted ways with my employer of 35 years, and had been COBRA-ing for a while.

everything turned out great - never missed a paycheck, make a little more money now actually, get to work from home, left a dying company for a growing one.

but I just signed up for the new healthcare plan - and it doesn't include dental.

is that unusual? my impression was that while vision was 'hit or miss,' dental was not. I could be wrong.

anyway, I just had my teeth cleaned a few months ago and have no issues there. but what do people do if your employer doesn't provide dental care? suggestions welcomed. I guess I could even make an extra payment to COBRA and have the dentist do a deep dive while the getting's good....
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Do you get a free keg of beer at your meetings?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I have to start looking for insurance soon anyone have the do’s and don’ts

Comment

I buy my own health insurance through the Obamacare. Pretty simple, really. JJ, you can get dental through there (Guardian Managed Dental Care is best) or you can buy insurance through Delta Dental.

Comment

...just messing with your head. lol

Comment

ok, at a glance it looks like ballpark of $50 a month.

I'll actually make more than that each month in enhanced mileage reimbursement from the new guys, so I'll pretend they gave me dental and the mileage didn't change much.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Male desirability starts declining after age 50 because you can no longer afford a dental plan.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

hey, pal, I can afford it!

although male desirability grows most immensely when one walks around with a World Series ring, no doubt, to take it back to baseball

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                X