Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA League Top 20s" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deaccat View Post
    What are thoughts on Joey Bart? Where would you rank him?
    Thanx as always for the response, deaccat.

I still dont have access to all of my files, so I dont know exactly where I'd rank him, but he'll be somewhere on the list. He's catcher so he'll be downgraded quite a bit from his ranking on a non-roto list. Maybe somewhere around #100 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Thanx for the response. I wouldnt project Lourdes to get regular PT, since Travis and Galvis project to be the MI starters. He wasnt on last year's list because he had a horrible 2017 and practically noone had him on their lists. He's been very up and down since coming to the US and I would rank him last. Both Urias and Hampson currently are projected to have at least a share of the starting gig and I'm more intrigued by Hampson. Urias is ranked higher by the experts but might not offer too much in roto as he doesnt have much power or speed. Hampson is a threat for a lot of SBs. But I guess I'd rank Urias first in deference to the scouts and because he figures to get more PT, at least at first.
      Travis really gonna get more at bats than Lourdes? He's has had only 1 season over 357 ab's and he just can't stay on the field. Galvis is pretty meh. Even with the ups and downs it's a small sample size and the pedigree in Cuba seems too good to not let him play. I see his playing time just as good or better than Hampton and the upside better than both.

Comment

My main league draft starts Tuesday; was sad to see no update. But having the one from August is still fantastic - thanks as always for this, RHD!
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
          My main league draft starts Tuesday; was sad to see no update. But having the one from August is still fantastic - thanks as always for this, RHD!
          Thanx, Bryan. Sorry that the update is late this time. But it should be sometime this month (my drafts will be coming up after then!).

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
            Thanx as always for the response, deaccat.

I still dont have access to all of my files, so I dont know exactly where I'd rank him, but he'll be somewhere on the list. He's catcher so he'll be downgraded quite a bit from his ranking on a non-roto list. Maybe somewhere around #100 or so.
            Thanks RHD. Thre are different lists for roto and non roto? I play roto hope I am looking at the list properly.

Get ready for my yearly question soon : )

Comment

Originally posted by deaccat View Post
              Thre are different lists for roto and non roto? I play roto hope I am looking at the list properly.
              No, he's contrasting it with lists like Keith Law's or Fangraphs or whatever that actually care about defensive talent and catchers and care a lot less about stolen base potential.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Rhd, your lists are always great fun. Looking forward to the next one. Hope your offseason was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Rhd, your lists are always great fun. Looking forward to the next one. Hope your offseason was good.
                  Thanx, Sharky! Hope your offseason was good as well.

Comment

What about Trevor Larnach OF MIN? I'm reading his hit tool is pretty good. He's 6'4" left handed hitter in A ball that can hit to all fields. He was the Twins 2018 #1 pick from Oregon State that should move pretty quickly through their farm system.

Comment

Could you do a head to head comparison of the two Luis Garcias? The Nats version generally gets higher rankings, but I'm curious on your take.

Comment

Ryan Weathers SP SD?

Comment

RDH, when are you planning on your next release?

Comment

RHD? Hope you are well. Looking forward to the list!

Comment

Curious your thoughts on Taylor Widener RHD, Thanks again. Always one of best threads on site!!!

Comment

Help! How can I do the reserve portion of my draft this weekend (where we draft the minor leaguers) without a new rhd list? But, thanks for the years we had them!

Comment

Working...
                                X