Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA League Top 20s" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don’t allow bidding on minor leaguers during the season until called up. Also annoying!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      What do you do if a guy has rookie status but might make the majors roster? If auction is well before opening day, can you keep him as a minors guy? Currently to protect him in our league, you have to keep him as a major leaguer that year. If not and he makes the opening roster, you lose him. Stupid rule imo.
      In my one local league our auction is before the start of the season. If you buy a rookie and he does not make the opening day roster then you lose that player. That rookie is also available for our minor league draft which happens right after our auction. So you could have one owner purchase a player in the draft and then a totally different owner take the player in the minor league draft. We have a 10 player minor league bench so most of the really good prospects are already protected so the problem usually only happens when an NL guy is traded over.

After the minor league draft we cannot pick up any minor leaguer. They are untouchable until the reach the majors then its a free for all.
      Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
      Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• yes, when we have drafted before the season started owners were free to speculate on a player making an Opening Day roster.
        then if they didn't, the player is released AND the replacement is 10 units. that was an effective discouragement from anything silly.

about 20 years ago there was confusion on this front, where one owner quietly asked one next to him if so-and-so was still up. the other owner guessed no, so the first guy didn't nominate him. late in the auction, the name came up and so the one owner said no, he's been sent down. the nominator says he doesn't think so, and the bidding begins in case he makes the roster. player goes for 6 units.

the guy did make the team after all. he played for the Cardinals. Al Pulyoz, Pujnos - something like that.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• an owner wants the No. 1 pick, he says.

he has 6 top-100 farmhands, also picks 4, 8, 17, and 24 (out of 24) and 3 of the 12 June picks.
          with 2 non-top 100 as well, and only 8 slots total by mid-April, I could see chasing after 4, 8, and a June pick - he can't keep 'em all!
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Looking for your thoughts on 2 guys. I'm in a 10 team AL only league with a minor league roster of 10. So at this point most of the well known names are already kept. We can also draft anyone who has rookie status so college players, a few NL prospects and foreign players are also already on roster.s

Kevin Maitan SS Angels-I took him maybe 2-3 years ago when he was made a free agent after the Atlanta fiasco. I thought I had made a nice pick but he really hasn't done much. I keep hearing he is young and still a very viable prospect but he continually slides down prospect boards.

Kevin Smith SS Toronto- Kind of the same situation though he appears to be more glove than stick. My fear is he may be more of a baseball player than a rotiss player.

I already have 5 spots to fill this year so if I drop these two it could go up to seven. Can I get better prospects say 80 picks into a minor league draft? Everyone from last years 2019 MLB draft is available as is anyone who could be drafted this year. With so many AL teams in the first few picks of the draft I hope to draft 1-2 guys from the 2020 class.

Thanks
            Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
            Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• I think you can do better than both of these guys. If you want to keep one, I'd keep Kevin Smith, but I'd drop both and see what I could get.

Comment

• I'm with SM, and I'm a very disappointed Maitan owner myself. I'd drop both guys and take a shot to improve your lot...hell you've got Witt, Rutchman, Vaughn, Dominguez, Greene, etc...lots of good bats, not to mention some good pitchers.

Roll the dice on new flesh...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I almost took Matian years ago, but decided to take a guy in single A who was in the 80's in prospect lists---Ronald Acuna, Jr. So, I wouldn't touch Matian.

Comment

• I'd roll the dice, and attempt to trade up

Comment

• Any thoughts on this Minor League Draft Decision? I have first 2 picks in a 15 team team mixed. In win now mode and after taking Jasson #1, the next top available are Carrol, Howard, Downs, White, Marte. I like Carrol best but already have Ariz OF Robinson along with Franco and Luciano. Having no young pitchers and looking for 2020 help, Howard and White intrigue me. But if neither contribute significantly this year I probably should just take Carrol and perhaps work a mid season deal.
                      What say you Junkies?

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                        Any thoughts on this Minor League Draft Decision? I have first 2 picks in a 15 team team mixed. In win now mode and after taking Jasson #1, the next top available are Carrol, Howard, Downs, White, Marte. I like Carrol best but already have Ariz OF Robinson along with Franco and Luciano. Having no young pitchers and looking for 2020 help, Howard and White intrigue me. But if neither contribute significantly this year I probably should just take Carrol and perhaps work a mid season deal.
                        What say you Junkies?
                        I'd go with the best hitter available...neither pitcher that you list is likely to be a game changer. Howard could be a mid season call-up, but do you want to chance that if you're in contention?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Thanks Hornsby, Howard only pitcher listed, Marte is Noelvi. White looks like a safe bet to get the most playing time this year and likely will be a late teens or early 20's pick in our deep keeper draft. He looks Meh to me though. 20 homer ceiling with not many SB's in a Mariners lineup? And since I am weakest at pitching I might be able to use a second half arm if Howard sticks. Usually stay away from pitching but something pulling me toward him.

Comment

• The Asian OF's available too.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                              The Asian OF's available too.
                              The Asian OFers will help, but from what I've read neither are game changers. But likely to be nice steady performers. Noelvi is nice, but years away from helping, so I might lean towards Howard if you have a feeling about him.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Uhhhg. So torn. Thanks man. You steered me toward Devers many years ago and I thank you much for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X